Author: threebowls

Support and a "pat on the back" for Sinfulangel [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-18 11:01:12 |Display all floors
I think you guys talking about "forum policy", etc, are going a bit too far. She's banned, that's all. Her other name was also banned, which to me says she wasn't capable of behaving herself the second time around - she DID have another chance, and she & sinfulangel DID apologize & say they'd stay away from one another. But I can tell you I've seen it too, all her little comments here & there, following SA around. And I hate to say this, because I TRULY don't mean offence to ANYONE, but I think that in some cases, maybe only the native english speakers fully grasped all her little jabs. Well, at least I got a bunch of subtle little comments & "jokes" that no one else mentioned, even SA, so I left them alone figuring, well, if no one gets it or is bothered by it, then whatever, why stir up touble? Stupid little remarks ALL OVER the place.

In my opinion, if she wants to come back, she should just come back quietly and anonymously & be a "good" normal member. Leave SA alone, & just be herself for a change, if that's possible. Maybe we won't even know it's her.

Then again, if she can't get away with harassing people, maybe she has no interest in being here, maybe she'll just go somewhere she can harass someone new. I DID also notice some comments that I think were racist against Chinese, to be honest. Again, nothing obvious, just little subtle things that would make me bet in favor of her not liking chinese people. I think she was just here for kicks and doesn't give a rat's @$$ about any of us, she was just passing her time at work playing power games.

Even her BS little threads of no particular meaning were probably just to see how many people would waste their time answering nonsense (to fold or to scrunch?) Really, that's my opinion.

And although I DO think Chinglish is really darn cute, and actually useful to me as a chinese language learner, I have to say I really don't like everyone using it as a joke. If I was speaking chinese on an all mandarin bbs and people who were native chinese speakers made a habit of regularly writing in some "american accent / englishy grammar" that was incorrect... I'd be annoyed because I really wanted to practice chinese and I'd hope the native speakers would be speaking real chinese, not some made-up version of my wrong chinese. I might even be offended and think they were making fun of me if I didn't know them well or they were the type to trash-talk others, like some people here do.

If I was chinese I'd be offended at people always talking chinglish as a joke.

Ok, I think I'm done for now.

OH! I'm not done. We're not talking behind her back, this is public, she can and may be reading it, and she has two other usernames we all know of, right? She can very easily come back & talk to us again, right now. Maybe she already has. I don't feel bad talking about her at all. I have a feeling she can take it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-18 11:03:57 |Display all floors

what do l think?

Originally posted by fgstsa at 2006-7-18 10:17

I feel Xiao left herself no avenue of retreat while doing bbs here on the forum. What happened as a result has got her pass the point of no return..., With this being the fact, I suggest that the relevant forum policy concerning the wrong-doing punishment be revised to include Xiao's case so that the rest of forumites are warned not to make the same offence again..., What do you think, Sir? Does that resolve your doubts?

l think you seem familiar...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-18 11:12:31 |Display all floors
freakyqi, i am done too..
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-18 11:20:27 |Display all floors
l also think that if xiao wants to come back under a new handle then so be it... she should be treated like everyone else... if she gets abusive again 3bowls can ban her again.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-18 11:22:12 |Display all floors
hmm...xiao might set a record here for having the most handles and also get banned each of them..??
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-18 11:43:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-7-18 11:01
I think you guys talking about "forum policy", etc, are going a bit too far. She's banned, that's all. Her other name was also banned, which to me says she wasn't capable of behaving hers ...

I just hope it can be made known to all that what is good that is encouraged and what is bad that will be disencouraged...,

Anyway what you said about Xiao is objective and to the point! I agree!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-18 12:43:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 7-18-2006 11:01
If I was chinese I'd be offended at people always talking chinglish as a joke.

i totally agree....

chinglish is, in most contexts, an insulting word.  i even questioned why the mods named one of the columns chinglish.

just my $.02....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.