Author: hyacinth103

Girls Smoking: AGREE? OBJECT? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-26 14:07:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by eyeofstorm at 7-16-2006 21:21
The worst of the bunch are social smokers...talk about insecurities and lack of confidence.

hey hey...i'm a social smoker!!  

i only smoke if i'm drinking a lot and am at a bar or in Vegas or somewhere similar.  they taste good with beer and it has nothing to do with insecurity, at least not for me.  with the exception of the last few months, i normally smoke an avg of 1 cig a month, or even less.  you don't get ash tray mouth from doing so either, nor do clothes get smelly.

i also could never be with a girl that smokes more than a couple a month since i don't smoke. i don't want to kiss someone that has nasty breath unless i do as well

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-26 14:53:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2006-7-16 22:50

People who smoke are not "bad" people. They are just toying with their own lives. They do have the freedom to choose inhaling all those nasty chemicals into their lungs and get a kick ...

yes it's just this way i think

i knew a boy , who smokes few , i like the smell from the little smoke , um .. a little fragrant  , make me feel comfortable ,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-26 14:53:33 |Display all floors

hehe

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-27 14:36:29 |Display all floors
smoke like drink dirty water.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-27 16:23:02 |Display all floors
I  also smoke sometimes,but not addict to it.
Smoking is bad for health,it is no doubtful.Moreover,young person must be forbidden to smoke.
And I don't like a girl or woman smoking.If my gf,i will persuade her not to smoke.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-28 08:53:12 |Display all floors
Smoking reduces effects of alcohol, leads to more drinking
(AFP)
Updated: 2006-07-27 17:28

Smoking reduces the effects of alcohol and may even encourage people to drink more, according to research published in the journal "Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research".

Scientists who studied rats exposed to a combination of alcohol and nicotine found that nicotine reduced blood alcohol concentrations at levels which could have an impact in human smokers -- and explain why cigarettes and alcohol are often seen to go together.

"Since the desired effect of alcohol is significantly diminished by nicotine -- particularly among heavy or binge drinkers such as college students -- this may encourage drinkers to drink more to achieve the pleasurable or expected effect," said Wei-Jung Chen, from the Texas A and M University Health Science Center in College Station, who led the reeearch.

"In other words, cigarette smoking appears to promote the consumption of alcohol."

Susan Maier, health scientist administrator at the US National Institutes of Health, said: "In the human condition, persons desiring to drink 'to effect' will need to drink more alcohol while smoking in order to reach this effect, and this will lead to an increased amount and lingering presence of toxic by-products of alcohol metabolism, such as acetaldehyde.

"This would be particularly harmful for adolescents and young adult drinkers, since these populations are amenable to this type of drinking pattern, and may develop chronic alcohol-related diseases earlier in life because of it."

One effect of the nicotine/alcohol interaction might be to permanently alter metabolism, she added. This could reduce the effect of beneficial medicinal drugs in people who both smoke and drink.
°★·°∴° ☆.·°∴°.☆°★°∴°

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-27 09:51:40 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.