Author: ah1988

What is it that people find so scary about black caribbeans and black africans? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-18 08:21:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ah1988 at 2006-7-14 00:56
Someone please explain...Why is is that if a black caribbean or african is in a room full of white people then they will feel fine and be sociable, but, if a white person is in a room full of black ...

I have a wonderful picture of a dark skin person. He is a nice person. Since your post is about dark skin person(s), I thought it would be appropriate for me to post those pictures here for the viwers. I hope you don't mind.
untitled13 Acopy.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-18 08:27:47 |Display all floors
This lovely picture is so wonderful, you can see friendship coming out from their ears! It makes my eyes wet.
untitled24 copy.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-18 08:52:20 |Display all floors
In my city, we are not scared or intimidated by any black or white people. In general, they all can get along well in the social situation.

At work is different, people get annoyed if someone repeately step on their toes, may the person be white, black, brown or yellow, they will come down on him/her very hard. Let's play hard ball and have some funs! Yes, lots of scary stories to tell. Many people (white, black, brown, yellow and red) got intimidated and pissed. But, that's at work.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-18 23:45:46 |Display all floors
I started this discussion to try and understand why colour is of such importnace to people. someone having darker skin can open the doors for predjudices and misinformed stereotypes. It works both ways though and those with lighter skin will undoubtedly experience problems in certain areas of the world. but why those of lighter skin seem to be more frightened of those with darker skin i do not understand. (thanks for you pics thunderbird)
"People all over the world join hands"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-19 00:43:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ah1988 at 2006-7-18 23:45
I started this discussion to try and understand why colour is of such importnace to people. someone having darker skin can open the doors for predjudices and misinformed stereotypes. It works both  ...

You are welcome. I will let the brighter minds to answer your questions. My bird's brain is not working today (maybe the truth is that my brain never been working properly)!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-28 22:34:49 |Display all floors

nice pictures

nice pictures.very nice.handsome guy

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-29 10:23:36 |Display all floors

I have never felt intimidated in a room full of any kinds of people.....

I think to understand the feelings of mis-trust of any race is to understand the people who feel that way...........Obviously many of us don't have a problem with race.

There will always be mis-trust of other races and like they say, "people fear what they don't understand".

Why don't you not worry about it and question it when it happens. Fear of one race or another is universal so there is much to choose from when it happens. In the mean time, enjoy our company and feel comfortable that anyone of any color is welcome here. If they prove themselves to be unwelcome, it is their own doing and not that of our community of races on the forum.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.