Author: johnyou

gay marriage?!  Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-14 00:13:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by otis22 at 7-13-2006 21:22

l don't have to like the fact that gay people want to get married... l don't even have to understand it... as far as l'm concerned, it doesn't affect me so it's none of my business.

w ...

"" why should your beliefs be imposed on others? that's what you and the anti-gay marriage folk are doing... gay people on the other hand aren't trying to impose their beliefs on anyone.  """

otis, the bottom line here is that people like me believe marriage is the union between a man and a woman, not two people of the same sexes.  as such, two people of the same sex simply can't be married.  however, i realize they are missing out on the right to benefits couples that get married are entitled to, so i propose the Legal Unison for gay marriages to circumvent this.  

since the law is to reflect the views of society, i don't want the law of my country to give in to changing the definition of marriage to include (meaning to ammend the original meaning) same-sex marriage.  marriage has always been about man and woman, but people ammended the laws by dissallowing interacial marriages, age constraints, and now (contiuation really) banning gay marriage, but all along it's been about uniting a man and a woman regardless of these factors.

you killing the next kiwi you see (extreme example, i know) doens't affect me either, but i still think murder is wrong, even if it's a kiwi(notice: joke to kiwis), and our laws reflect this common view.     

let me ask you this, why do gays need to get married if marriage is to unite a man and a woman?  or do you (anyone can answer) think marriage is not only for a man and woman, but for gay couples as well?

also, i think a majority of the world is against gay marriages, with Western countries being the exception.  i'm not saying everyone that gets married every day is, but i suspect world wide a very large % is against gay marriage.  

i'm not changin their views btw, they are trying to change my view.  the view was already that marriage was for a man and a woman, now they are trying to sell to me it's not about that, it's about untiing two people, regardless of sex.  that, to me, is total BS and i'm not buying it today or tomorrow.  what they want is not marriage, what they want is to change the definition of marriage which, whether you think it is unfounded or or not, offends many people.  So, give them a union, Legal Union I said we'd call it.  I think this way both parties get what they want. What's so wrong about this idea..compromising and not just amusing the minority groups?    They still won't be able to get married in a church though, unless the church agrees to do so, but there shall be no law to enforce this in my country.

i've repeated my original statement, and i wont do it again, even if another 100 hanldes with 5 posts each respond....but feel free to insult/debate at your discretion :)  PM if you have a direct question for me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-14 00:35:08 |Display all floors

l guess we'll have to agree to disagree

Originally posted by mikeghet at 2006-7-14 00:13

and it wasn't my intention to insult you... that last bit was meant more as a friendly jab...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-14 05:58:52 |Display all floors
Traditionally, mike, yes, marriage has been between a man and a woman. But as we've all noticed, traditions change to make room for changes in society. If gay/lesbian couples want to get married, why shouldn't they? A little girl may dream of her wedding all her life--all planned out with roses and a pretty white dress; why should she be denied that because she wants another bride instead of a groom? You worry about there being two brides or two grooms and thus things looking funny, but really, who cares? If they're happy, what does it matter? And why should they not wear rings, if they want to have them as a sign of committment? I know straight couples who don't wear them and gay couples who do.

SA, I think your whole thing against gay guys is just some squeamishness with male-on-male anal sex. So... think of it without the sex. Think of two guys who love each other and are committed to each other. Is that wrong?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-14 06:09:41 |Display all floors

Well ...

At some point in the future there will be something like 40 million more men than women in China ... So perhaps gay marriages will keep those men happy?

I don't support gay marriages but I accept that society is changing and such things are now happening. Actually my biggest objection is towards "celebrity gays" (like Elton John or George Michael) who were once supposedly straight (Elton John married a woman in the past!) but being gay seems to be a way to get more column inches (haha!) in the tabloid press!

Amy_spo, your avatar is cool ...
104186.gif
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-14 07:26:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sockmonkey at 2006-7-14 05:58
Traditionally, mike, yes, marriage has been between a man and a woman. But as we've all noticed, traditions change to make room for changes in society. If gay/lesbian couples want to get married, w ...

even just pure love...i cant stand that..cos they are two males..and love is between guys n gals...not same gedner..oh..though i dont mind lesbians..but i dont think it is the right thing to do..but at lest acceptabe...

i think i am just too stobborn when comes to this kinda thing..sorry
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-14 07:34:01 |Display all floors
do whatever u wanna do as long as it's not against laws! no one is entitled to blame sb.else for any law-abiding acts he or she does. each one  mindshis own business, then a peaceful world will open arms to all of us!!!

Does anyone know if homosexuality is illegal in China?
I know it was a few years back but it it still the case?
...Nothing is as permanent...
...as the temporary...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-14 09:49:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jigsaw at 2006-7-14 07:34

Does anyone know if homosexuality is illegal in China?
I know it was a few years back but it it still the case?

It is more open but not completely!!!

You know, they have to face the public!
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.