Author: johnyou

gay marriage?!  Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-13 10:41:52 |Display all floors
divina...

i have my standards when comes to certain things..and homosexual is one tht i wont torleate...as human...we are made to attract opposite gender..not same...i can understand woman might find another woman attractive..but for men..how can see another man is attractive??...thts really strange...

with kids...i think they shall be brought in a healthy family..kids need a male father, and a female mother..thts the family..if kids brought up in a homosexual family..whose value got distorted..and think itis ok to love same gedner..i think its not fair...cos they should be given the right to live in a healthy n normal family...

johyou...oh..mardi gras...its a joke...i cant believe government let this happen every day..oh well..then again..australian government is not strong as you always know...
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-13 10:44:53 |Display all floors
Although it should not be passed by law,they should be respected.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-13 10:59:25 |Display all floors
Well better to have parents of the same gender, then growing up with a single parent!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-13 11:03:01 |Display all floors
i have my standards when comes to certain things..and homosexual is one tht i wont torleate...as human...we are made to attract opposite gender..not same...i

but but but homosexuality is not only a human thing. it exists in animals too....
I ve seen it with my cats and my dogs. only difference is that in animals the instinct of reproduction is stronger than the consept of "no strings fun".

for us humans  we have logic and social conditioning as well as the instinct for reproduction .. So homosexuality can express itself freely. I don t have anything against or for gay people. to me they are not even different. they just are.

And sorry SA but you should be careful with your assumptions of what s sin or not.
You are not white lilly yourself, you re a sinful angel which is the highest form of sin...
Just because you personally wouldn t do it doesn tmake it a sin

[ Last edited by jigsaw at 2006-7-13 11:05 AM ]
...Nothing is as permanent...
...as the temporary...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-13 11:06:11 |Display all floors
SA, I will never understand your views. You've mentioned many, many times how you're also attracted to other girls, and yet you condemn guys who are attracted to other guys. Can you just elaborate on this for the rest of us? I think many of us would appreciate it.

I don't see any good reason to prohibit gay marriage or adoption. The "it's not natural" argument is a crock; at first, people would say it's unnatural because it doesn't occur in animals, and since we're just more evolved animals, it shouldn't happen in us, either... then they found out that animals can have homosexual tendencies, too, and then they switched their argument to "well, we're more evolved than them, so it shouldn't happen to us." Face it--it happens.

I am now going to re-post something from the craigslist.org Best-Of list, because I completely agree: (please note the author's sarcasm)

01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-13 12:08:11 |Display all floors

you need to grow up and open your mind...

Originally posted by sinfulangel at 2006-7-13 10:41
divina...
i have my standards when comes to certain things..and homosexual is one tht i wont torleate...as human...we are made to attract opposite gender..not same...i can understand woman might find another woman attractive..but for men..how can see another man is attractive??...thts really strange...

with kids...i think they shall be brought in a healthy family..kids need a male father, and a female mother..thts the family..if kids brought up in a homosexual family..whose value got distorted..and think itis ok to love same gedner..i think its not fair...cos they should be given the right to live in a healthy n normal family...

johyou...oh..mardi gras...its a joke...i cant believe government let this happen every day..oh well..then again..australian government is not strong as you always know...

it's posts like this that make me question your intellect/maturity...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-13 13:26:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sockmonkey at 7-13-2006 11:06
SA, I will never understand your views. You've mentioned many, many times how you're also attracted to other girls, and yet you condemn guys who are attracted to other guys. Can you just elaborate  ...

hmm, not bad, but some are half-truths.

In some of the points he confuses, like many do, gay acts with actually being gay.   

I don't think gay marriage happens with other animals, and I suspect adoption by a gay animal is equally unlikely.

Is the purpose of getting married to form a union between a man and a woman, or between two people, regardless of their sexes?

Anti-gay marriage folks convince the pro-gay folk that marriage is for a man and a woman.  Pro-gay folk do just the opposite. But why do the pro-gay folk expect undertanding, when they don't give any themselves?  Hey, majority rules I think, and since marriage is a social construct the laws should only change when society agree to it.  Personally, I believe a marriage is for the union of a man and a woman and the millions of people that get married every day throughout the world believe so too.

So why do gays want the rigth to get married?  Why do they want to take part in a practice that, i think, is clearly for a couple of opposite sex?  They aren't really taking part in the same social contruct since they aren't following its common practices (man and woman...husband and wife), are they? I don't think so.  What they are forming should not be called Marriage, it should be called Legal Unison, as to entitle them to the same financial rights of Married couples, yet without destroying the importance marriage has to many many people in the world.  

They can start their own traditions after they fill out their Legal Unison paperwork.  They'd have to, since neither of them are husband or wife, how can they perform wedding ceremonies?  Things like wedding rings and such, which are part of marriage traditions, won't be part of the Legal Unison I suspect, as they clearly are not married.  Perhaps they will buy identical rings instead, or where the ring on the right hand?  Hey, now that's a good idea.

We reached a comprimise for all...

Marriage for couples of opposite sex.

Legal Unison for gays.

Opposite sex marriages do as they've always done.  Same-sex marriages will have to do something else, since they aren't Married, just wedded legally,  and they can't perform marriage ceremony customs since the couple doesn't have a husband and a wife.  Of course one of the members can pretend to be the opposite sex while the other member is his/her own natural sex.  Churches will probably not allow Legal Unison though, and since many parrot seperation of church and state, our government won't be able to influence this.

Now some are going to say, what the difference?  The main diff is that socially people don't have to recongnize Legal Unison as being equal to Marriage since marriage is to form a union between a man and a woman, while couples united under the Legal Unison law will still have their financial rights.  That must be what they want.  It couldn't possibly be that they want to be married, since that's only possible for people of the opposite sex.

If all goes well we might even create them their own island nation.  While the population would surge in the beginning, I suspect it will eventually decline unless the birth rate of gays in the non island nation parts of the world can produce faster than the island nations citizens die.  Is that possible with current estimates?  

Peace to all.....   

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.