Views: 47290|Replies: 114

gay marriage?!  Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-13 09:21:04 |Display all floors
how do u get along with a gay friend, and what do u wanna say about gay marriage on which a proposal is being said to be deliberated to outlaw it where it's legal in the US?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-13 09:23:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by johnyou at 2006-7-13 09:21
how do u get along with a gay friend, and what do u wanna say about gay marriage on which a proposal is being said to be deliberated to outlaw it where it's legal in the US?

Gene study: Sex differences go deep
(Reuters)
Updated: 2006-07-09 09:20
Thousands of genes behave differently in the same organs of males and females, researchers reported on Friday, a finding that may help explain why men and women have different responses to drugs and diseases.
Their study of brain, liver, fat and muscle tissue from mice showed that gene expression -- the level of activity of a gene -- varied greatly according to sex.
The same is almost certainly true of humans, the team at the University of California Los Angeles reported.
"This research holds important implications for understanding disorders such as diabetes, heart disease and obesity, and identifies targets for the development of gender-specific therapies," said Jake Lusis, a professor of human genetics who worked on the study.
Writing in the August issue of Genome Research, the researchers said that even in the same organ, scores of genes varied in expression levels between the sexes.
The smallest differences were in brain tissue, they found.
"We saw striking and measurable differences in more than half of the genes' expression patterns between males and females," said Dr. Thomas Drake, a professor of pathology. "We didn't expect that. No one has previously demonstrated this genetic gender gap at such high levels."
Xia Yang, a postdoctoral fellow in cardiology who led the study, said the implications are important.
"Males and females share the same genetic code, but our findings imply that gender regulates how quickly the body can convert DNA to proteins," Yang said in a statement. "This suggests that gender influences how disease develops."
In liver tissue, the findings imply male and female livers function the same, but at different rates.
"Our findings in the liver may explain why men and women respond differently to the same drug," Lusis said.
"Studies show that aspirin is more effective at preventing heart attack in men than women. One gender may metabolize the drug faster, leaving too little of the medication in the system to produce an effect."
Yang added, "Many of the genes we identified relate to processes that influence common diseases. This is crucial, because once we understand the gender gap in these disease mechanisms, we can create new strategies for designing and testing new sex-specific drugs.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-13 09:24:21 |Display all floors

Nudist resort to open in Guizhou
(China Daily)
Updated: 2006-07-07 15:42
A nudist resort will be built at a scenic spot along a river in Duyun County, Guizhou Province.
The proposed resort will be located in a remote area at the foot of a mountain.
Men and women staying at the resort will have separate swimming pools.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-13 09:25:01 |Display all floors

New York's highest court ruled Thursday that gay marriage is not allowed under state law, rejecting arguments by same-sex couples who said the law violates their constitutional rights.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-13 09:39:08 |Display all floors
homosexual is a sin...gays and lesbians shall not be allowed to get married or adopt kids!! they should make this law...!
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-13 10:13:48 |Display all floors
i still remember the homosexual festival which is splendidly held in Sydney each year.  it's said to have become a tourist attraction in Australia, bringing in lots of money to the country. is it legalized there?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-13 10:15:26 |Display all floors

not very nice

Originally posted by sinfulangel at 2006-7-13 09:39
homosexual is a sin...gays and lesbians shall not be allowed to get married or adopt kids!! they should make this law...!

coming from you Sinful darlin...

I have a recommendation (especially those, closed minded about this issue). If you asked me this question last year this time, I would have said the same thing Sinful. BUT! After watching "All aboard-Rosie's family cruise", I have opened a part of my mind, one part I thought I'd never open.

I know maybe a few reasons why many people don't accept this, because at one very long point in my life, I had those reasons too. I strive to be as open minded as possible. There is this saying " Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one"-Malcolm Stevenson Forbes

Because of this saying, I try to give everyone, the benefit of the doubt.

I know many of you might be mad, we all have the right to our opinions. For me, I disliked that part of me that couldn't accept gay marriage and gay people having the audacity to involve children in what society regards as an "abomination to God". Many societies that is.

Children are happy, with parents who love them. Having parents of the same gender would only be the cause of their unhappiness, when SOCIETY tells them it's not normal and they get teased for it. They get attacked etc.

Oh well, I tried Just watch the movie. I hope it enlightens some of you, the way it has enlightened me.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.