Author: threebowls

WARNING about PM's (private messages) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-13 09:45:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by threebowls at 2006-7-12 21:59

My humour is gone for the troublemakers.

But rest assured it is still there for those who don't intentionally cause trouble.:)

For anyone who has made an effort to stay OUT of the circ ...

What is wrong with a friendly     circle???

Are you jealous or fear beyond your control???  
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-13 10:00:06 |Display all floors

wow mod...

You've been working very hard these past few days... talk about being pissed off?!! well, don't worry about me. I have been trying to be a good girl and I think the trying bit comes automatically now... sometimes

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-13 10:23:45 |Display all floors
absolutely agree with all you said, i hope eberyone here can help build  peachful and funny bbs forum..

Tease is fine while ridicule is not accpeetable..
I wanna enjoy the sunshine and beach hand in hand with you forever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-13 11:24:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2006-7-13 12:45

What is wrong with a friendly     circle???

Are you jealous or fear beyond your control???  

What is wrong with it is when it turns into harassment - gossiping about others, scaring away new members, distancing old members for fear they are being talked about behind their backs and feeling their old friends are no longer trustworthy, so who can they trust, so they don't come around as much anymore. Also, abusing the rating system and encouraging others to do so even after you have been asked to stop.

You basically formed a gang, a group of people who "live" in a certain place, gang up on some, and try to persuade newbies to join them. The newbies sometimes fear if they don't act friendly to you, you will be mean to them next. I basically said that already, and I will not say it again. So stop the covert schemes & plots against me and other members, and drop the subject.

Suggesting I am jealous or fear you is absolutely ridiculous and way out of line for how you should talk to a moderator. And writing in big red letter that I am the one scaring away members is not only unfounded, but suspiciously defensive and EXTREMELY rude. And I believed you were such a calm kind buddhist man, making the boards a friendly place. I am surprised and disappointed at your behaviour behind the scenes. I made friendly suggestions through PM for you to stop doing certain things but you simply did them through email instead.

No wonder you and xiao are such good friends. You are both masters at appearing innocent, yet being crafty enough to sneak all around the rules, seeing how far you can go without breaking them. You have both found a weakness in me, my patience and forgiveness, and have been testing it,  you for only a short time, but xiao for a very long time. I can assure you I will not be as patient with the current or next bullies as I was with xiao.
Post unto others what you would have them post unto you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-13 12:03:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by threebowls at 2006-7-13 11:24

What is wrong with it is when it turns into harassment - gossiping about others, scaring away new members, distancing old members for fear they are being talked about behind their backs and fee ...

To make the forum a peaceful and harmonious community to lighten yr job burden, i proprose that we should excercise what's called a 'black list' practice. those who act against forum rules to such an extent  so as not to be accepted will be put in the list which will be made public in the part of the forum that is easy to be accessed by us.  i think everyone on the forum can tell the famous from the notorious and respond accordingly...., have a try on the pratice, and u'll probably come out with an unexpected result.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-13 12:13:36 |Display all floors

or you could just ban them...

Originally posted by johnyou at 2006-7-13 12:03

To make the forum a peaceful and harmonious community to lighten yr job burden, i proprose that we should excercise what's called a 'black list' practice. those who act against forum rules to s ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-13 12:21:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by johnyou at 7-13-2006 12:03

To make the forum a peaceful and harmonious community to lighten yr job burden, i proprose that we should excercise what's called a 'black list' practice. those who act against forum rules to s ...

that's just the problem....there's is not acceptance.  people that aren't on the blacklist don't have more rights of some sort.  it is the job of the mods to moderate, not the forumites.  if you don't like a certain online persona, then you stay away from them.  in the political section each person would be on your proposed blacklist, so whats the point?

sounds to me like another 'circle of pretend friends' in the making.

people are supposed to just post and that's it, not pretend to control the forum.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.