Views: 6761|Replies: 37

The importance of a compliment (to / for / from) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-11 01:27:16 |Display all floors
Lately we saw many arguments, discrepancies and some misunderstandings  in this forum and our moderator 3 bowls really worked hard to stop all this situations.
I hope with this thread can contribute to makes this forum more friendly and respectful between each other

In our life we have to interact with, family members, friends,  co-workers  and with unknown people. But there are occasions that we received suddenly or an unexpected compliment. How great is for you to received a compliment?
Maybe some people could think that this is part of the past or it’s not useful but sometimes a good compliment changes our mood, makes us happy, and could change our boring daily routine. In the workplace, in the street, in the mall, from anywhere or from anyone.

If you received a compliment from somebody you know or you don’t know. Can you share with us?
Most of the times we the men gives some compliments to a lady, trying to be polite, to be funny, to be kindness or just trying to get her attention.

Gentlemen.-
How good are you saying a compliment to a lady?
Do you get a good respond after you did it?

Ladies
How do you feel after received a compliment?
Can you share with us a compliment that you received and made you happy?

This is one is what  I like most, to a person who I could love
“There is not a sky in this world that can cover what I feel for you”

Or maybe you can say to a girl that you pretend to get her attention
“You are so pretty, more pretty than yesterday, but less pretty than tomorrow”

Share with us your experiences. Thanks

Cheers  

Force_one  :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-11 07:44:22 |Display all floors
What a nice thread! I LOVE getting compliments! I will compliment you force-one: I think you must be a kind thoughtful person to try to bring such a positive topic here at this weird time. I should remember to compliment people more often, it's easy unless they're a jerk, and it could really make their day.

After getting a compliment, how do I feel?
I smile, and I feel lighter... and it does improve my mood for a while. If the compliment is from someone I know well or work with, it might make me want to do better, or at least not do any worse, so I don't ruin what they think of me. If it's from a stranger, I will probably think it was very bold of them to compliment a stranger, and I might think that it must be true if they went out of their way to compliment a stranger.

I can tell when they're fake though, or if a guy just wants to see if he can get me.

Compliments I've gotten?
When I was little, I remember this: Often when out in public with my grandmother, strangers would say "My what a polite little girl!", or if eating out they might say "You're so well behaved" as they walked past to leave. I remember feeling SO good at that when I was a kid. And when I had my own kid, I equally loved when strangers would do that to him. SO many kids these days just run around the restaurant, kneeling up, turning in their chairs to see the people behind them, complaining about the food, whining, etc.. When I see a good kid I often say something nice and hope they feel like I did. Maybe they will feel proud of themselves and want to behave well in the future.

As a parent I still love getting compliments on my son, I feel as if it's a compliment to me.

As an adult:
A few relatives of mine have told me they are proud of me for certain things, and for being so independent-minded, not following the pack, and for raising my son well.

I also like when my students compliment me (usually the senior citizens!). I like when they say I'm so patient and they thank me for that, and when they tell me some health problem is improving from taiji. That makes me feel great.

Maybe here when we respond we can compliment someone here on the bbs! I already did force-one.

[ Last edited by freakyqi at 2006-7-11 07:50 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-11 08:08:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by force_one at 2006-7-11 01:27
Lately we saw many arguments, discrepancies and some misunderstandings  in this forum and our moderator 3 bowls really worked hard to stop all this situations.
I hope with this thread can contribu ...

When "good" behaviors are "complemented", those "good" behaviors tend to gain strength. Never gave "complement" to any "bad" behaviors, unless you want the "bad" behaviors stay and grow stronger. Inappropiate behaviors need to be weaken. There are many ways to weaken an inappropiate behavior. How? Hahahaha. Not a word from my mouth! I assume 3 bowls knows how! Cheers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-11 08:13:55 |Display all floors
Thank  force-one for starting such a good and constructive thread.

Yes.  A compliment is very important in our daily life and work.  It is like air , water and sunshine we need it every day.   

Sorry busy now . will give more comments later..........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-11 13:03:03 |Display all floors
compliments:

compliment  is a good way to encourage and motivate others.   I always felt great , warm and happy to receive compliments from the bottom of one's heart.   Everyone has a desire of sactisfaction of achievement. No matter how hard i work, the spiritual encouragement can relax me the most. A word of compliment will get rid of all the hardship..........

when i was a child, i always got compliments from my father and my mother.  Now they are proud of me.I believe that's the way they love me and encourage me.     And also i try to encourage my son in the same way.  But i found i still need to learn to ..........

When in love, sure, sweet compliments are specail necessary.   A sweet compliment can make me happy for a few days...... haaaaaaa       still a girl's feeling....

In my work, i learn to appciate the strength of each group member. I prefer working in a more harmourous environment.........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-11 13:24:53 |Display all floors
To be frank, not everyone knows how to express their apprecaition and compliments to those he/she really apprecaites or loves in a proper way.       I hope to see something more about this experince.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-11 14:04:40 |Display all floors
that's very nice of you but  i don't think that's gonna work.
I wanna enjoy the sunshine and beach hand in hand with you forever.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.