Author: luckychen

worry about future [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-9 10:33:30 |Display all floors

Reply to "worry about future" by luckychen

I agree that in China it is quite difficult to find a job which doesn't relate to your major, but it doesn't mean
that you have no chance.

One of my friends'  major is chemistry too, and he doesn't like it either, but he became registered
accoutant through hard working and now he works in bank which really meets his interesting.
What I am engaged in now has no any relationship with my major at all, but I am doing much
better than those who come from the decent major. Many of my university classmates are doing quite
far from our major.....

So my opinion: to prepare for examinations for entering granduate school, meantime  to  try to look for the job you like first, if you are really frustrated, then to continue your study and change your major..... I think
this is the best choice for you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-9 11:06:51 |Display all floors

Reply #5 sinfulangel's post

my parents would like me to go to study,they believe study is a good thing for me,and they will try their best to support,and i really appreciate that, but i don't think i can make much progress in graduate school,which i did not in undergraduate.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-9 11:15:49 |Display all floors
It is the pessimistic feeling which you possess that will continue to keep you down. If you think in a Posi-real or Positive-Realistic way there is no reason you can't figure out what you want to do.

Stop putting yourself in the cold and face the sunnier side of life and reality please Chinese people.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-9 14:23:40 |Display all floors
You are not alone, i am in the same boat!!

They give everything they can to support my living and study here..But i know i will disappoint them soon..cos I hate what i am studying!! I just simply HATE it
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-9 15:04:25 |Display all floors

I once changed my major ..

It's not your major that decides your career.One may do a job with nothing relations with his major nowadays.
You see, many students don't fully understand what' s the real meaning of a major before entrancing an university ,so they choose a major which they felt is good without further inqury. After they go to the university , they find they don't satisfy their majors at all. As far as I'm concerned , now students can change their majors in some universities as long as they write a sound application. Factually , I change my major from chemistry to Logistics. :)
Anyway, If you go to graduate school , you would learn more .
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-11 02:54:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by luckychen at 2006-7-9 09:06
i am a junior boy at college,and facing the problem whether go to graduate school or find a job next year.
as i am not a good decision maker,and have really made some bad decisions.so i would like ...

What do you like to do in life?

The bottom line is that most people have to make a living one way or the other. What do you want to do to make a living?

Doing something you dislike is a pain in the neck. Some people have to bear that pain because they don't have better options. What kind of options do you have? Do you have to study subjects that you don't enjoy? If the answer is yes, could you please elaborate?

----The nosy bird----

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-11 15:20:08 |Display all floors
I  am studying chemistry,but i don't like it .if i go to find a job,i don't know if i will stay in an chemistry related company,but i don't like that.

the major of chemistry is not a bad choice, as the fact the chemical industry is an active factor in the world trade. There are many glary chemicstry companies in the world,such as SHELL and BASF, and they have achieved the admirable state in international economy.
so be master of  chemistry, you will have enough chance to demonstrate yourself.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.