Views: 7218|Replies: 22

worry about future [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-9 09:06:33 |Display all floors
i am a junior boy at college,and facing the problem whether go to graduate school or find a job next year.
as i am not a good decision maker,and have really made some bad decisions.so i would like to ask some advice for some experienced people.
I am studying chemistry,but i don't like it .if i go to find a job,i don't know if i will stay in an chemistry related company,but i don't like that.or if i go to graduate school,i will change my major,it's ok ,but i think i go to graduate school is not because i like doing research,but just to change a major.i don't know whether it' worth that..so find one job or go to further study.i am thinking about that.
any one can give some advice,i am really appreciate that
i would like to make some deep talk,which can make me clear about my self,
any advice would be welcome,and my  email:vipcxd@hotmail.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-9 09:13:07 |Display all floors
in my opinion, you should change your major and select  a major you like, because you are young,you have time to change your life. if you go to find a job that you're not interested, you'll be depressed in the future.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-9 09:15:08 |Display all floors
I think you shall change your major and choose the one that you like...cos you will never enjoy working in a field which you dont like...I did double majors for my family, but i dont like at all..n now i dont have any intention to find major related jobs, cos i just dont like them...
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-9 09:19:10 |Display all floors
i know that ,bu t sometimes somebody say go ing to graduat school is just a waste of time,because now days in china,the quality  of graduate eduation is not so well, and i pay both money and time for that.also i don't want to spend my parents' money at all.i want to live on myself.so i dont' know it still worth for that

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-9 09:23:29 |Display all floors
I dont know about the quality of education in China..so I cant help ya..

Well..money factor...i feel even worse than you, my parents spent more than rmb1 million on me ... n i screwed up everything....i feel worse than you....
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-9 09:52:43 |Display all floors
Would your parents understand why you want to go to graduate school if you decided to go? Would they be reluctant to spend the extra money on you? If you decided to go to grad school, would you put lots of effort into your studies? These are important things to consider.

I get the impression that it's a lot harder to get into jobs in China that aren't related to your major--good jobs, anyway. So remember, even if you think you may not be going for the right reason, grad school is temporary (3-5 years), but your career goes on for the rest of your life after that. It's very important to study something you like.

Out of curiousity, what would you study in grad school, if you could?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-9 10:14:25 |Display all floors

Change your major, stay in school

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.