Views: 4850|Replies: 10

Where's the best place to improve english? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-3 01:06:13 |Display all floors
I had thought I could have improved a lot in a translation company, but it turned out be that I was wrong.
A translation company I worked for as a full-time translator functions as an agent, and the main job is just to contact part-time translator/interpretors, and find more customers, a translation company could run well without translating too much by itself.
So, I think maybe a part-time job is better for one to improve english.  What do you think?

[ Last edited by hiy2004 at 2006-7-3 11:04 AM ]
理解=>表达=》润色
understanding+expressing+polishing

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-3 01:35:12 |Display all floors
Hi!I wanted t work as  a full-time translator just like you,so that was why I took CATTI`s exam.Lucky me^_^.But I think to take that could be boring and it could be hard to manage my time.So I quit.Just find a part-time job as a teacher assistant at EF-a school teaching people how to speak E. Improve little by little,practise my listening and translation and even grammar where I am not much sure. And have fun with those children.It`s great to me.
So I think ,there could be no a better place to park your car.But if we determine to do something with an interest, the rest of it will come to us.Things will improve.Just keep going on.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-3 10:59:54 |Display all floors
Oh, that's great! I think I'll keep studying, and trying to get CATTI 2 written translation before I go to find another  job, I also don't like a full-time job for the same reason as yours.
理解=>表达=》润色

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-3 11:03:27 |Display all floors
Chinadaily论坛的其它版面,如news talk等:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-3 11:05:18 |Display all floors
Thanks! CoolMax

[ Last edited by hiy2004 at 2006-7-3 11:08 AM ]
理解=>表达=》润色

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-3 11:12:13 |Display all floors

身体原因,我已经没条件了继续狠狠学习了,但是有想法

Originally posted by hiy2004 at 2006-7-3 11:05
Thanks! CoolMax

1、多看正宗英文多做笔记;
2、到news talk或living in China那多看帖子,多笔记
3、到那几个版面去发帖子,辩论
4、搜索一下Think in English的文章:)一定要做。
5、用英文发帖子,别象我;
6、就算用英文发帖子,也经常edit一下,把学到的新东西更好的表达,及时用上。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-3 11:22:26 |Display all floors
谢谢您的建议!
理解=>表达=》润色

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.