Author: divina

If you had no money to eat... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-30 08:25:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by divina at 6-30-2006 02:26
If you are placed in this situation, there's no calling home etc... Some of us are lucky to have family and friends. Let's think of those who doesn't... steal, beg, prostitution...

I would have ...

no western union?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-30 08:33:41 |Display all floors

NO! NO! No!!!!

Originally posted by mikeghet at 2006-6-30 08:25

no western union?

Stop being such a "westerner"...lol

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-30 08:37:05 |Display all floors

i sorta started but then just kept going

I remember one time when i was backpacking,
i had ran out of money and my bank card was missing, i have no credit card (death on plastic) and i was just thinking to myself...where can i sleep?  How will i eat?
I was going to go to the nearest school and see if i could give some English lessons for a few bucks...
Then my friend contacted me and said to go set up a bank account and he will put 2000 in it for me to live.  I was so lucky...:) Good friends like him are hard to find!

But when i worked at the restaurant i saw how many poor people could use the food that we throw out...so thats why i used to work at the homeless shelter around 7 am on saturday mornings so i could help them cook breakfast and feed the many who would come in and eat.  I would look at some of them who hadnt eaten for days!  They were so greatful for bakebeans and toast.  The shelter really tried to bless them by providing bacon and eggs.  It was one of the best feelings in the world!  BUt i still feel the brokeness....knowing that some of these men who are homeless are there because its not their fault.  One was in the internal affairs for the police department and a dirty cop shot him twice.  Something then happened to his family and he wonders the streets a drunk trying to find peace for allowing his family to get involved in that crap!  

In china i see the homeless eat anything.  Dirty and on the ground!  So sad!   So when i buy them food, there are some in my neighbourhood who simply dont eat unless its on the ground so i drop it on the ground to feed them.  They pick it up and munch at it like nothing else.    WHY THEM.....WHY DO WE HAVE BMWS IN SHANGHAI AND PEOPLE WHO CANT AFFORD A BOWL OF RICE LIVING 10 HOURS AWAY....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-30 08:39:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by hidenseek at 2006-6-30 08:37
I remember one time when i was backpacking,
i had ran out of money and my bank card was missing, i have no credit card (death on plastic) and i was just thinking to myself...where can i sleep?  Ho ...

aw such a darling you are hidenseek!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-1 17:54:26 |Display all floors

thats very kind of you very rewarding in you heart

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.