Views: 1419|Replies: 4

tolerance in international marriage [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-25 19:12:10 |Display all floors
some of my friends migrated abroad and married foreigners. the first question i ask him or her each time we meet is how they get along with their foreign spouses. To my surprise, i am told that most of them live a happy life. the very reason they emphasize for their happy marriages is that both sides of the international marriages exercise more tolerance in trying to understand each other, each side does understand that they are from a totally different culture which will, as they realize before they decide to marry, take time and patience to be a part of. what do u think ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-25 19:13:38 |Display all floors

There must be a VERY strong love to do so

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-25 21:28:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xiao-meow at 2006-6-25 19:13
Tolerance - not part of it...you leave your life for love.

they say that it's the mutual understanding fostered by the tolerance they exercise in their marriage that continually maintain their marriage bond even at the very critical stage of their marriage life---the seventh year of their marriage life(qinianzhiyang). so tolerance still plays a somewhat key role in their lives..,!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-25 22:44:44 |Display all floors

so your saying

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-25 22:49:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xiao-meow at 2006-6-25 22:44
culture must be tolerated? why not enjoyed?

difference between cultures will inevitably cause misunderstanding of one kind or aother which u really can only tolerate instead of enloying. of course the part of another culture that is pleasent  can be enjoyed if u like..,

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.