Author: limark

How can you survive in the summer [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-23 20:45:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tmphgt at 2006-6-23 20:32
19-22 these days in my town here in the UK ... Nice

If pollution was reduced in the big cities in China then it could be cooler ... Make the big city centres pedestrian-only and get rid of th ...

Even in summer you still hold such temperature?(19-22degree) really comfortable weather.
what about in winter? also not cold,right?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-23 20:50:02 |Display all floors

Haha ...

Originally posted by janezhang88 at 23-6-2006 12:45 PM
Even in summer you still hold such temperature?(19-22degree) really comfortable weather.
what about in winter? also not cold,right?

The highest temperature that I recall was about 40 in 2003, SE of London ... Most Summers here are around 26-32 ... Now it is cool and fresh.

The sun is out but there is blue sky, some clouds and a breeze.

Winters go as low as -4/-5 in some parts of the UK, but for me not much lower than -1
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-23 21:04:14 |Display all floors

Reply #16 tmphgt's post

26-32 degree is ok, you can endure it even if in outside.
the climate there should be humid because the location close to ocean.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-23 21:07:05 |Display all floors

Ah ...

Not really humid ... Sometimes the air gets thick but most days it is fresh. We are not sub-tropical
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-23 21:16:16 |Display all floors

Reply #18 tmphgt's post

"the air gets thick", does that mean the cloud gets thick? in my mind or in my imagination, the weather in UK always is dull, cloudy, it is hard to see sun come out, gentleman always take umbraller with them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-23 21:18:39 |Display all floors

Haha ....

Your mind is wrong! The UK has a huge variety of weather ... Clouds on a sunny day are nice to give some shade.

When the "air gets thick" it means that the air is stuffy and not easy for breathing - somethimes humid. Often heavy rain will clear away the thick air.

The UK is nothing like what people guess - the only way to know is to live here

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-23 21:36:52 |Display all floors

ohh i live in the wuhan

The summer is hot like the tiger, Wuhan Chongqing and Nanjiang are the hottest citys in China i think...the three tigers...
BUt thats what the wuhanese say.
I still like my hometowns weather!  Ohh boy its so hot and dry in summer.  i have three pools at home and i just love to swim swim swim swim.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.