Author: hannahhannah

Culture conflict [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-23 15:20:50 |Display all floors
why dose this lady deserve a tag of "traitor"? what has she done wrong? what's the definition of being a "traitor"? exactly? I hate people use patriotism as a excuse to express their jealousness or whatever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-23 15:41:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by dukuanhanson at 2006-6-23 15:20
why dose this lady deserve a tag of "traitor"? what has she done wrong? what's the definition of being a "traitor"? exactly? I hate people use patriotism as a excuse to express  ...

Traitors like her make it harder for Chinese men to find Chinese women!

There is already more men than women in China. There is already a shortage of women.

Chinese women are dishonoring and humiliating Chinese men by prefering white men.

Chinese men must unite and treat these women like TRAITORS!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-23 15:49:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by roger604 at 2006-6-23 15:41

Traitors like her make it harder for Chinese men to find Chinese women!

There is already more men than women in China. There is already a shortage of women.

Chinese women are dishonoring  ...

I've never thought what I wrote will make such an effect.
i just wanna share my experience with u
but your response is incredible.
Oh, my gosh!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-23 16:04:37 |Display all floors
Dont mind roger604, he is a extremely right winged and sees only black and white with no chance for resolution and grey areas. With that said, I think it would of been more wise if you just befriend or had a relationship with one. The thought of marriage is a bit over the edge considering you need to understand them first before making any sort of long-term commitment. Interracial relationships can be challenging let alone marrying into one.

It's good that you felt the cultural differnces instead of committing something you may regret later. (im only speaking in her case not interracial relationships in general)
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-23 16:10:13 |Display all floors

Millions of thx

Bump up,11th!
I'll bear what you said in mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-23 16:12:03 |Display all floors

roger604

Your opinion is too extreme.
Why can't Chinese female marry foreigners?
It is very common nowadays.
Traitor means 1.someone who betrays his country by committing treason
                           2.a person who says one thing and does another

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-23 16:18:45 |Display all floors

One Reason

One reason could be that mixed marriages seldom last.  I have know about 20 Chinese-foreign marriages over the years, and all but three ended in divorces a few years after.  

The more successful ones were Chinese Jewish. The earliest to divorce were the Chinese girl pretty white boy ones.  The level of maturity needed for successful marriages simply appear to be lacking.  

So if you wanna screw them, screw them.  It is your perogative.  But if you are looking for a mate to have children and spend your old age with, pick someone mature and understanding.  The difference in culture simply means that there is just a big thick additional layer of risk that often break up relationships.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.