Author: whitney16

blood type A,B,AB,O [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-22 23:09:50 |Display all floors
The moschitos bite my daughter, me, then my husband.
Boating on the Houhai River...在后海泛舟...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-22 23:47:07 |Display all floors

Mosquitoes are attracted by carbon dioxide......

We breathe in oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide. It also comes out in our skin. Some people produce more carbon dioxide than others so they will attract more mosquitoes.

I China I noticed that there is a lot of standing water and that is where mosquitoes breed. Also in sewer lines, sink drains and other places like grass and plants that stay wet. Covering the drains in your house when you are not using water will help a little  but you must prevent them from coming out. Put some water in the sink first then remove the drain cover to wash them down.

Mosquitoes can also breed on walls and places where there is just a little water.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-23 05:59:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2006-6-22 22:14

Can mosquitos scan and identify a person's blood type prior to sticking their needles into that poor fellow?    ---The ignorant bird---

Ditto! How could a mosquito tell what blood type you are before they even bite you?? I learned the same thing SPIRITRACE said, about the carbon dioxide. BTW, if it matters, I'm O and hardly ever get bitten, at least no more than anyone else who's with me if there are mosquitos around.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-23 09:50:58 |Display all floors
I think it has to do more with your odor than your blood type... mosquitoes and other bugs that bite are bound to be more attracted to a person if they wear products that smell good. For example, if you just took a shower and your shower gel smelled like vanilla and your shampoo smelled like raspberries, you'll attract a lot of bugs when you go outside.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-23 10:20:52 |Display all floors

The Bees and the Butterflies

You mean attract the 狂蜂浪蝶 (crazy bees and promiscuous butterflies)?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-23 11:49:50 |Display all floors

Flies are attracted by smell most other insects are attracted by color.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-23 12:27:25 |Display all floors

If you don't mind being bitten by mosquitoes,

Maybe this will change your mind......

Common diseases transmitted by mosquitoes:

Encephalitides (many kinds)
West Nile Virus
Dengue Fever
Malaria
Rift Valley Fever
Yellow Fever
Dog Heartworm
Lymphatic Filariasis

Australia has a couple extra ones: Ross River Virus and Barmah Forest Virus
The Far East has  Chikungunya

Of course there are probably others unique to your own area or region.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.