Views: 2309|Replies: 5

Please continue correct syntax and words [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-21 19:06:50 |Display all floors
Are there some error syntax and words in those sentences below? Please help me to point out.
Thank you.
Q: What about the job offered do you find the most attractive? Least attractive?
A: This job can offer me more chance to contact new knowledge and technology, and it would give me more experiences for my career. Otherwise, I think this job would be probably a little toilsome. But I don’t care, I like challenge.
Q: Why should we hire you?  
A: My knowledge、experience、abilities and skills make me assure I can handle this job and do it well.
Q: What do you look for in a job?
A: I expect it would give me an opportunity to use my skills and learn some new knowledge. Through this job I can gain some achievements and recognize of other people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-22 08:04:35 |Display all floors
A1 - Chances (with an S). You don't contact knowledge or technology, what do you mean by contact? Do you mean contract, like "acquire"? Whatever you mean, use "acquire" instead. Don't say "toilsome"; it sounds like you might find it boring or not like it. Say the least attractive part may be the repetitive duties involved (if that's what you meant by "toilsome"). And instead of "i don't care", just say that whatever the job involves,  you will enjoy the challenge.

A2 - Comma after abilities would look better in this case. I'd say "make me certain" rather than "assure".

A3 - I know this sounds strange, but you don't actually "learn knowledge". You learn specific things, but knowledge is a very general thing that you gain, acquire, etc. If you used "acquire" in A1, use "gain" here instead of "learn". Oh wait - you want to use gain later.... then instead of "learn some new knowledge", say "learn some new skills".  And..."recognize of other people".... what do you mean by that?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-22 08:33:38 |Display all floors
to: freakyqi
thank you for your help.
This job can offer me more chance to contact new knowledge and technology.
我想表达的是这个意思
这个工作能够提供给我更多的机会并且会接触新的知识和技术.
A3.
我想表达的是这个意思
I expect it would give me an opportunity to use my skills and learn some new knowledge. Through this job I can gain some achievements and recognize of other people.
我期待它将给我一个机会能够使用我的技术并且还能学到新的知识。通过这个工作,我能获一些成绩并且能够得到其他人的认可。
I deeply hope you can continue pointing out my error syntaxs and words. Thank you again.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-22 08:36:56 |Display all floors
sentences up , sorry, 成就 instead of 成绩.

Use magic tools Report

rovi297 has been deleted
Post time 2006-6-22 08:55:50 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

rovi297 has been deleted
Post time 2006-6-22 09:00:05 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.