Author: eye2eye

Why do Americans interfere with Chinese Taiwan Issue [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2006-6-23 16:50:33 |Display all floors

The Whole World???

Fiddle-Dee (mencius) and Fiddle-Dum (emu) are at it again, echoing each other in their Brit apologist sorry arse excuses.  

First Fiddle-Dee grandly declared that colonialism was something that "The whole world believed in it until relatively recently."  Well, not so fast, fat boy.  It is clear that the aborginees and the other litany of locals never really appreciate being colonized, y'see.  So it is hard to see from which orifice you tried to pull that fast one from.

Then Fiddle-Dum tries to justify teh colonialism with the sorry excuse that the erstwhile colonies have good relations with the descendents of their former "colonial masters".   Hell, if Australia and Canada are supposed to be example, it is easy to understand.  The colonizers basically exterminated all the natives, and seeded the occupied lands with their own kind.  So why is it surprising that there is "good relations'?  

The Brits have a blood debt to pay to the prior colonies.  It mayhap is not yet time.  But those debts are on the books, accumulating interest.   It will be paid.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2006-6-23 17:04:09 |Display all floors

Reply #36 tongluren's post

I'm curious how to be paid that blood debt? punished by  God?

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2006-6-23 17:27:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tongluren at 2006-6-23 18:50
Hell, if Australia and Canada are supposed to be example, it is easy to understand.  The colonizers basically exterminated all the natives, and seeded the occupied lands with their own kind.  So why is it surprising that there is "good relations'?  
...

From here
British Raj was beneficial: PM

July 09, 2005 18:15 IST
Last Updated: July 09, 2005 19:47 IST


Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday acknowledged the "beneficial consequences" of British colonial rule like "free press, constitutional government, professional service, modern universities and research laboratories".

Speaking at Oxford after receiving a honorary degree of Doctor of Civil Law, Dr Singh said, "Today, with the balance and perspective offered by the passage of time and the benefit of hindsight, it is possible for an Indian prime minister to assert that India's experience with Britain had its beneficial consequences too."

He added: "Our notions of the rule of law, of a constitutional government, of a free press, of a professional civil service, of modern universities and research laboratories have all been fashioned in the crucible where an age-old civilisation met the dominant Empire of the day."

Dr. Singh said India's struggle for independence was more an assertion by Indians of their "natural right to self-governance" than an outright rejection of the "British claim to good governance."

Both India and Britain had "learnt" from each other and had much to teach the world. "This is perhaps the most enduring aspect of the Indo-British encounter," Dr. Singh added.

Originally posted by dukuanhanson at 2006-6-23 19:04
I'm curious how to be paid that blood debt? punished by  God?


Nope, they'll be furiously thrashed with a bit of wet lettuce, by Tong.

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2006-6-23 07:28 PM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2006-6-23 17:34:19 |Display all floors

Some Folks Are More Fit To Be Colonized?

Actually our Indian friends were being so polite that Mr. Singh did not call the colonial SOBs by their rightful names.  But that does not mean the SOBs were not such.  

It is indeed true that in some of the ex-colonies, the minds of the abused local  were so warped by British oppression that they feel a sick affinity to the former oppressors, even though the SOBs can no longer do them harm today.  There is a clinical name for that in psychiatry, and it is a treatable sickness.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2006-6-23 19:10:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tongluren at 23-6-2006 10:34
It is indeed true that in some of the ex-colonies, the minds of the abused local  were so warped by British oppression that they feel a sick affinity to the former oppressors, even though the SOBs can no longer do them harm today.  There is a clinical name for that in psychiatry, and it is a treatable sickness.


Oh, do Chinese think that having a sense of proportion and being able to look at something objectively is a treatable disease? No wonder people like tong are so blinkered and prejudiced - they think trying to be balanced is a negative trait.

In the full speech, the Prime Minister discussed the bad things that happened in India as well. But he was thoughtful enough to also stress the good things because India did benefit from the things he mentioned, which no Indian would deny. It shows a sign of confidence over India's current and future positions in the world that he can look at both sides.

Countries that still go on about the colonial era's mistakes are just using it to escape discussion of their current problems and their uncertainty over the future. Mugabe is an excellent example of this. Always bashes on about colonialism, because he knows he can't defend his policies that led to Zimbabwe getting into the awful state it's in today.
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2006-6-23 20:10:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tongluren at 2006-6-23 19:34
Actually our Indian friends were being so polite that Mr. Singh did not call the colonial SOBs by their rightful names.  But that does not mean the SOBs were not such.
It is indeed true that in some of the ex-colonies, the minds of the abused local  were so warped by British oppression that they feel a sick affinity to the former oppressors, even though the SOBs can no longer do them harm today.  There is a clinical name for that in psychiatry, and it is a treatable sickness.   ...

I am so glad that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's translator and psychiatrist is here to tell us what he really meant.

You are getting desperate, Tong. And for good reason.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2006-6-23 20:46:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2006-6-23 16:34

...pity the dalai lama is not so respected in China.


Yeah, we don't mastered your way of genocide. If we had an Australian as political adviser earlier here, he will copied the Australian way of "stealing whole generation", taking away tens of thousands aborigines child from their parents and native. Your way is so succesful that today's Aussie government don't have to respect anybody in aborigines community.

Where are you Mencc? I'm waiting for your response and a new topic about your homeland.

[ Last edited by northwest at 2006-6-23 08:47 PM ]
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.