Author: eye2eye

Why do Americans interfere with Chinese Taiwan Issue [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-20 21:21:31 |Display all floors

Why do non PRC Chinese interfere with Taiwan?

There are many "Chinese" members of this forum that don't live in China, or even never had PRC citizenship. Yet they feel they can comment on it as much as they like. That is certainly no better than the US commenting on Taiwan.
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-21 01:01:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mencius at 2006-6-20 21:21
There are many "Chinese" members of this forum that don't live in China, or even never had PRC citizenship. Yet they feel they can comment on it as much as they like. That is certainly no ...

So why you a briton concerned so much about us? Why don't you comment on such issue as Ireland instead of China's.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-21 01:13:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 20-6-2006 18:01

So why you a briton concerned so much about us? Why don't you comment on such issue as Ireland instead of China's.

Why would I come to a Chinese forum to talk about Ireland? I have always been puzzled that so many "Chinese" posters spend most of their time here talking about things happening in countries other than China.

The answer is obvious. I am interested in China and want to discuss issues with Chinese people. This forum is in English and welcomes foreigners. If you don't like that complain to the moderators and demand they close it off to non-mainland IPs.

[ Last edited by mencius at 2006-6-20 06:14 PM ]
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-21 01:41:14 |Display all floors
I have always been puzzled that so many "Chinese" posters spend most of their time here talking about things happening in countries other than China.

It's because they have historical link with China. The same thing doesn't apply to you. You, a puzzled briton interested in China's unification debated? Now it's really puzzled me.

The answer is obvious. I am interested in China and want to discuss issues with Chinese people. This forum is in English and welcomes foreigners. If you don't like that complain to the moderators and demand they close it off to non-mainland IPs.

Yes, I must admit the moderator tolerate too much some people here. A briton with insulting attitude toward China's historical figure still allowed to make comments in this forum.

Seems I have to change my support on Beckham because of this...
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-21 02:02:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 20-6-2006 18:41

It's because they have historical link with China.

What does that have to do with them spending most of their time talking about NON-Chinese issues when they don't have a link to that country in question?

The same thing doesn't apply to you. You, a puzzled briton interested in China's unification debated? Now it's really puzzled me.

As I said, then you should get the mods to change this to a Chinese-only forum and block non-PRC IPs. Of course that would screw over the overseas Chinese.

Yes, I must admit the moderator tolerate too much some people here. A briton with insulting attitude toward China's historical figure still allowed to make comments in this forum.

Well they allow posts that are insulting towards various ethnicities and nationalities. What makes you think they would care about an avatar like mine?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-21 06:24:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by flotsam at 2006-6-20 09:11
This is similar to the invasion of Tibet by the Anglos who forced the local Tibetans to trade without consulting China's central government. This is all in violation of international law and the "One China" policy which the US has signed up to. ...

Hey Flotty, in what year did the "Anglos" allegedly invade Tibet and force this trade?
Please also tell us in which year the "One China Policy" became a "law" which could be violated.

JB
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-21 07:42:51 |Display all floors

Joe Slow

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.