Author: afri_simba

Foreign friends, how many Chinese words do you konw? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-15 23:31:32 |Display all floors
Mei Wenti !
I like life.  It's something to do

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-16 05:07:09 |Display all floors
Thanks Simba, I didn't go to the link at first because you said "for those who know chinese"... and now I see it is way beyond me....  I will just look at some of the very short one-word posts. I saw Home Depot and Ikea, maybe I will be glad to know those when I am in China.

:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-16 11:43:03 |Display all floors
Ugh, I hate when people ask me how many characters I know. Honestly, I have no idea at this point, plus I'm a little out of practice. "Can you read a newspaper?" I don't think that's a fair point to judge from, since Chinese newspapers are !@#$ing hard to read! But I can read texts that are in a much less formalized setup.

OK, when I was at Beijing U, our classes were broken up into levels 1-32, with 1 being lowest and 32 as native speaker. By my second semester, I was in 19 for hanyu/writing and 22 for kouyu/speaking. That's the best I can answer...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-16 13:44:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sockmonkey at 2006-6-16 11:43
Ugh, I hate when people ask me how many characters I know. Honestly, I have no idea at this point, plus I'm a little out of practice. "Can you read a newspaper?" I don't think that's a fa ...

That's a good answer, you gave a scale. Did you notice Simba rephrase his questionthough? He's not really asking us that. And did you see the link in my first post? It's to an online quiz that shows you hanzi and you have to choose the pinyin and meaning, mulitiple choice. You can pick a short one (24 hanzi?) or up to 72, and 4 different levels. I thought it was fun, but then again, most people would think I'm freaky that way.

You must be pretty good! I shall aspire to be like the Sock....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-19 13:32:20 |Display all floors

I was learning very well untill my Chinese wife discovered.......

That I was starting to understand her conversations with her sister...... Now she won't teach me.  Arrgggghhh

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-22 01:10:45 |Display all floors
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Oh, poor spiritrace!!! Don't worry, you can speak Chinese OR english here!
:hug::hug:

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-22 09:25:24 |Display all floors

Moved here Useful Tools for learning Chinese languages,etc...

allow me to share my resources...)courtesy of Divina

Orig post by freakyqi at 2006-6-22 01:10
HAHA!!!!!!!
Oh, poor spiritrace!!! Don't worry, speak Chinese OR eng!

Good luck speaking   C/E/S/M...glishes.......
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.