Views: 1061|Replies: 2

help [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-14 13:17:06 |Display all floors
Boyle says late bloomers are hard workers, creative and persistent. She points to Evelyn Gregory, who worked as a bank vice president until her retirement. Then, she became what she had always dreamed of, a flight attendant. Boyle explains it wasn't easy for Gregory to get herself hired because of her age-she was 71. "It wasn't overt because airlines are not allowed, legally, to say 'I'm not going to hire you because you're such and such an age," she says. "She would make it all the way through the interview process up to the last step and there would also be some reason why she was not the candidate. So rather than just saying, 'I'm too old' or 'Nobody is going to hire me,' and giving up, she got fired up by that! What she ended up deciding to do was to become a gate agent and let the corporate brass get to know her, and after 6 months of that they saw that she had all of the strength and stamina that one would need, and she made it clear that she wanted to be a flight attendant. She was hired by USA Air Express and flew for them until she was 78."
gate agent 是什么职位啊谢谢

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-14 13:22:03 |Display all floors
gate:登机口
gate agent:登机口工作人员,如检票员

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-14 14:26:21 |Display all floors
谢谢啦

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.