Author: dianachueng

Is chinese language attractive? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-10 02:26:12 |Display all floors

to #28

I'm learning Chinese because I'm interested in China and I think it's becoming a very important country, so the language is more and more important to know. That's probably why others are learning it, too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-10 03:22:41 |Display all floors

ok, so I see blasphemy is the

Originally posted by qingxun at 2006-7-9 18:45
saying.....
god being an arsehole
in different varieties of tongue
but god is still an arsehole nevertheless

most attractive language for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-10 09:55:26 |Display all floors
sophie - if you're seeing more & more foreigners learning it here on CD, well... we come here because we're interested in china, so you will see lots of us here! Other than the other students in my Chinese class I don't know many people learning it, though it is definitely increasing. I know one person learning it because they will adopt a Chinese baby and they want to make sure the baby knows her heritage.

I'm learning it because I'm interested in some Chinese culture, and I now think the language is fascinating. I love learning hanzi. And of course I'm learning it because I want to go there, but it's not just for utilitarian purposes, I think it suits me well, it feels good to speak it. Spanish doesn't go well with me, I feel awkward speaking it. French I like, German is uncomfortable, though I heard a song sung in German by a woman, it was very gentle & beautiful, not like all my other impressions of german.

I just put the german song on.:)
If I didn't know it was german I would generally guess "eastern european".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-13 23:47:26 |Display all floors
Chinese culture is really hard to learn for foreigners .
Be a rich man !!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.