Post time 2006-6-11 18:01:31 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-11 23:10:24 |Display all floors
原来都是一些“高中生”啊,可见高中生不孤立,呵呵

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-11 23:25:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by nyleda at 2006-6-11 15:50

真的不要去详细搞语法,知道最基本的就行了,平时多读多说多写。你看咱们中文的作家,哪一个分析语法了?还不是照样能侃能写?语言是活的,只能活着学,不能先杀死再解剖。看看那些教授们怎么一说话就“出错”, ...

我讲英语语法难的意思是指英语学习者要花比较大的时间比例在语法上。打个比方,如果说同样是学习一种陌生的语言,也许平均说来,中文或马来文的学习者只要花一成的功夫在语法上,而英语学习者可能要花三成的功夫在语法上。

不过你提起要不要详细搞语法,大家可以讨论一下。

我觉得这个问题是要看个人具体的情况。如果能静下心来并且能记得住的话,花一点功夫详细去学一些语法会有事半功倍的效果。比如,

He believed that the Earth travels in a path around the Sun.

He believed that the Earth travelled in a path around the Sun.

要感觉这两句话意思上的差别可以通过长时间大量的阅读去积累语感,也可以通过对英文语法的学习在短时间内掌握。

单纯学语法是一件很枯燥的事情,我就没有耐性去详细地学。但我确实见过不少人仔细学了后,英文水平在短时间内得到很大的提高。

当然要学好英文光靠学语法肯定不行,不过仔细学好语法确实会很有帮助。
welcome to my blog
http://www.jackypeng.com/blog

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-11 23:57:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rovi297 at 2006-6-11 18:01
一个清华老教授的呐喊:停掉英语四六级考试

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

倍可亲网站京港台时间06/11向您播报来自傅国涌的BLOG的消息:

这篇文章其实提了几个问题,挺有意思的。有时间再写写我的观点,blog一下。

不过有一点我要问一下:
中国大陆的大学生英文水平真的很差吗?跟谁比?
welcome to my blog
http://www.jackypeng.com/blog

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-23 06:18:35 |Display all floors
well... i donno about situations in British/New Zealand/Australia etc. but here in the US, most chinese students' english is really bad, especially those newcomers, 20-30 year old, who graduate from colleges and come to the US to be MA or PHD.

Not listening or speaking per se, but overall, it is bad.

Dont get me wrong. They survive here. They manage to do grocery shopping/open bank account/complan about certain service after several months(or less)/order food in Applebee's.  However, most of them, without good speaking skills or a knowledge of deeper culture(football, pop culture, or whatever), can't communicate effectively with natives.  Only those who are eager to learn and practice and not afraid of getting frustrated at the very beginning could get better after a while.

I have more than one American friends who have complained to me how hard it is to communicate with mainlanders. They prefer to talk to taiwanese, who seem to speak better English and are more open-minded in terms of absorbing new stuff.  It is sad for me to hear that, but i know they are telling the truth. isn't sad?

[ Last edited by littoral at 2006-6-23 06:20 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

rovi297 has been deleted
Post time 2006-6-23 06:37:07 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-23 07:03:46 |Display all floors
i m she-littoral

i have been so busy with my MA thesis that i never get time to goof around ...

haha..i m amazed at how sensitive you can be when hearing some people are better than us... that's exactly my friends' point is!!  

well..i felt bad when i heard that too.. i definitely dont want to know americans think taiwanese are better mainlanders(including me).  However, do we have the right to blame other people being "unfair" when they feel hostile/uncomfortable around chinese students because of ineffective communication?  They get that impression from hard lesson...

they might think i m easier to talk with or whatever, but that does not change the fact that they think most chinese students speak horrible english and not try hard to change that when they are in the US where ppl tolerate accent as long as one can express himself/herself.

anyway..i gtg.. might continue later...my point is simple- there is sth wrong with the english education system.  our english is bad in a lot of ways. we could do better.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.