Author: alice0710

how do you think of co-habiting [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-9 05:41:20 |Display all floors

I don't think there is data in China

But I believe there was a recent study in the U.S. that compared couples who actually moved in and lived with  each other before marriage, to those who did not, and the divorce rate for the first group is like twice that of the latter.  So empirically it appears that cohabitation is bad if you want the marriage to be longlasting.

It makes sense too.  The concept of a seven-years' itch is that eventually people get tired of each other if they live together.  If it takes n- years for that to happen, the earlier you move in just means that the earlier you get to that line, while the bond of marriage is not as tight (it takes time for that to develop).

But then if you just want the benefits of cohabiting (usually free sex), that's a different calculus.

[ Last edited by tongluren at 2006-6-9 05:43 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-9 08:59:31 |Display all floors
EOS...since when you start to be the Mr Wikipedia??....
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-9 09:02:14 |Display all floors

What the fawk you talking about SA...Wiki is censored here so how is me being Mr.Wiki possible? Hehe
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-9 09:11:56 |Display all floors
i guess i need to get back to my bed and sleep more..brain seems not to work well though...

wikipedia...i am referring to that biggest online encyclopedia....ai yo...my chinglish is improving..ahah
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-9 13:09:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2006-6-8 17:48
With or without license???

Thru front door or backdoors???

And purpose???

of course without licence
웃고 살자
화이팅
Alice

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-9 13:16:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sinfulangel at 2006-6-9 08:59
EOS...since when you start to be the Mr Wikipedia??....

why must be Mr Wilipedia?
웃고 살자
화이팅
Alice

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-9 14:58:52 |Display all floors
Reply #18 caringhk's post

Give me a license,please.

I'm faint if you dont give me.

I like this word tryst.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.