Author: dreamaker

College entrance exam [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-7 17:28:36 |Display all floors
Sample TextSample Text

The  issue  recalls  my   memory  of  three  years  ago, it's  a  big  day  to  many  students. At  that   day ,everyone  treat  the  students  as  a  king.  It  was  so  happy~~~haha

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-8 19:06:51 |Display all floors
....it is end today,my life was changed at the same time five years ago!
Just do it!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-8 19:55:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by dreamaker at 2006-6-7 15:42

Today, college entrance exam in China begins. This year a record figure of 9.5 million high-school graduates will sit down for the first day of tests, each vying for one of only 2.6 million undergraduate places.

So, they will filter forth the students that can handle these tests best. But those students are hardly the best, in most cases.

Shouldn't they instead focus on longterm evaluation, as expressed in grades, perhaps combined with specialized tests? That's how it works in my country.

Different educations need different people. What's the point in doing a test in math and classic literature (or whatever is in those tests) for someone who wants to study music? How can you get the compassionate doctors from such tests?
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-8 20:01:35 |Display all floors
What happens to the near 7 million students that gets the shaft?? Retest?? Study overseas?? What else??
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-8 20:54:49 |Display all floors

Reply #1 dreamaker's post

Graduates can relax!
The entrance exam is finished, finally they can take a rest, graduates, parents and teachers, all of them can say goodbye to those terrible days. like generally,i am looking out of the window and see the neighbor's room, it is dark now, same as my guess, that lady might have dinner in resturant  with her son who also attend entrance exam, after it then playing entertaiment outside, they cant come back as early as usual, tonight the lamplight of her son's room wont be lightened for long.....
And the media will turn their attention to other matters.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.