Views: 13684|Replies: 115

Why nobody talks about our childhood? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-5 15:09:08 |Display all floors
How is your childhood like?

I was born and raised up in the rural area of central China,there has many pretty creeks, trees,and rice paddies,my parents earned a living by farming there, i helped them when the harvest season came,i herd the cattle,and sheep,the work in countryside is really backbreaking, my family just keeps too ends meet a month.

I helped them more when my age arised,helped them to cut wheat,rice,pick-up cotton,dig peanut..etc,all of the work was done manually, the rice was taken out by heavy round stone(rolled ahead by cattle) in early Fall,i directed the cattle,i alwasy pitied cattle so much ,as it cost them a lot of strength...if a rainfall unfortunately approached, all the rice must be piled up within several mins, all family members must join in laboring,and finish it in haste...... got unbelievably exausted after accompanishing.....finally earned a little bit money by selling crops days ' later....

I 'll never forget my childrood...if you like ,i 'd like to tell more about my rural life on farming......

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-5 15:15:41 |Display all floors

How is your childhood like??????

My village does not have cement rd,it's incredibly hard to walk when rainfall comes.....all are covered by wet soil, have you ever been to authentic China area? It's totally different from Beijing and Shanghai......my childhood was spent there....the toliet is like a hole, the kitchen was made by brick and earth,we use wood to fire the kitchen to cook.......

How is your childhood like? Do you spend it in a well-off family? any ordeal welcomed you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-5 15:17:59 |Display all floors

Anyone has same experience like mine?

Anyone has same experience like mine?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-5 16:41:10 |Display all floors
My childhood was almost the same as you. Where a u from ? I came from Suizhou, Hubei. But now the situations changed much. Peasants in our hometown are growing many kinds of fruit trees, less crops, which will be more comfortable and more profitable. Some don't cut corps manually, even less plough earth by cattle. I remembered some interesting things happened in my childhood. I could help laughing when thinking about them. I will write them down to share with you.

When water in pool became less, someone poured poison in it, which will make the fish dizzy, gradually fish swam to the bank of the pool. Then people can catch the fish easily. One day on my way home from school, I saw many little crucian carps were swimming near the bank of pool, it seems that they were going to die. Then I took my shoes off, and went into the pool and caught them. There are so many and very easy to catch. I am very happy. I put them in all my pockets and disregard whether they will dirt my clothes. When all of pockets are full with fish, i even packed fish with my front part of my clothes. It seemed that i caught about 30 fish that day. As I was the first one to go into the pool to catch the fish, so the fish i caught were the most among others. Due to catching fish and changing clothes, I was late for school and blamed by teacher, but I was still very happy in my heart.

Another time, on my way to school, I saw a small tortoise on a farmland near the road. Being a little afraid of being bitten ,  I took it by its hard shell and put it on the earth every several steps and then picked it up , sometimes the other students also took it,  like that we took the tortoise to my classroom. Our teacher found , she helped me to put the tortoise in his office and then covered it with a basin , put a stone on the basin.  After school, we , a group of students took it home. Later my father sold it for 3RMB. This is the first time that I making money. Later when I asked my parents for money to buy something, I always said , " where is the money that tortoise changed?" My mother always said, " Does the money that selling tortoise can be used for life? The money that we gave you are used so fast, the little money that you got can always be used. "

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-5 17:05:48 |Display all floors

Are you kidding?

I'm from Hubei too. do you have a msn? or QQ?
http://weibo.com/xiayiqiang

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-5 17:09:59 |Display all floors

hellen1815 ,are you from Xihe?Fuhe?Fushan?Tangzhen?

Your experience is exactly same as mine.......I 'm sure you rarely go back to Suizhou now? What do you do ? where are you working now?
http://weibo.com/xiayiqiang

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-5 17:22:59 |Display all floors
your childhoods soo very different from mine.. never worked farmland or had to help pay for anything. did some chores.. usually to have money for christmas or b-day's

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.