Author: myviopatis

tattoo [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-31 04:13:42 |Display all floors

Well ...

Part of the problem is where the tattoo is I guess ... On the neck is pretty risqué!

I was in a hospital today (not for my benefit) and the old man opposite (must have been in his 70s) had some arm tattoos that just looked like blue blobs ... So what looks cool now may look daft when you reach that age
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-31 05:18:36 |Display all floors
Yeah, we see some old navy guys with tattoos here too... but remember, the methods & ink weren't as good back then.

Myvio - what does yours mean? I would think it will depend on what kind of job you go for. Good luck!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-31 05:19:46 |Display all floors
It means Japan
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-31 05:40:37 |Display all floors

So ...

A career for her in China-Japan relations then?
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-31 06:35:42 |Display all floors
Oh right, Riben... I should've known that one.

Hmm. Tough tattoo to have in full view in China, no? Are college areas in China more relaxed than other towns or districts, as they are here? For example, you would be more likely to be accepted & not stared at for being different, more likely to be hired, etc in a "college town" here in the US. There are younger people, intellectuals, more diversity, etc.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-31 06:56:46 |Display all floors
Clothing stores and hair salons play an awful lot of Japanese music here, so I don't really think there is a Japanese problem among the youth. They don't hate the Japanese, they just hate their historical blunder. It is OK to dig modern Japan.

But a tattoo with Japan on the neck could very well be seen as too much. Unless she is going into design, hair styling or some other line of business where such a thing would actually be seen as avantgarde.
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-31 07:12:21 |Display all floors

actually i have a tatto (many but only one visible) and i had no problem to find a job here. it s all a matter of how comfortable you feel with your tatto and how you come across as a person.
   you are a foreigner so things are more relaxed in your case.
   But i wanted to say that wehen i saw you other posts... You are Lithuanian very young and you don t have a degree. In my area there are a lot of prostitutes from this area.
   make sure that you don t find your self in any ugly situation. Be very carefull of the nature of the jobs that people might have offered you through this forum (or through other sources. And when you come here don t let people know everything about you. the combination of lip piercing tattos and the fact that you are from lithuania may give some the wrong impression...
   Be very confident. Built your self confidence.Don t let people believe that they can use you or underestimate you or anything.
   I don t like lying but in your case maybe you have to lie about your background...
  If you can hide your tatoo at least in the beginning until you  ve established your self is a good idea. that s what I did but my tatto is on my finger so all I had to do was wear a ring. wearing turtle neck tops and covering the visible part with foundation powder would be a temporary solution.If they get to know you and they like you it won t be an issue anymore and you can start showing it.
   good luck.

[ Last edited by jigsaw at 2006-5-31 07:15 AM ]
...Nothing is as permanent...
...as the temporary...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.