Views: 17121|Replies: 34

tattoo [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-31 01:03:13 |Display all floors
Ummm... I want to ask something...
Is it difficult to find a job in China for a person, that has tattoo like this..?

It's me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-31 02:44:56 |Display all floors
Probably. I would hire you, though. But I am not Chinese.
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-31 02:53:42 |Display all floors
Yay! *dances* ^___^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-31 03:54:56 |Display all floors

Well ...

In the UK, such a visible tattoo would affect your chances in certain careers - however I am not sure what attitudes are like in China? Perhaps even more conservative?
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-31 03:58:19 |Display all floors
Yes with no question as tattoo isn't widely accepted even among parents of the youths here. In many Chinese peoples minds and eyes they still think Tattoo symbolizes underground activities or triad affiliations.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-31 04:02:52 |Display all floors
I had a Chinese character tattooed on me when I lived in the USA, long before I had any interest in China. it was popular back then, and still is a bit.

I particularly like a Swedish TV commercial about people getting tattooed with the characters 面条 (spaghetti), the tattooer being Chinese but not knowing the language, reading straight from a menu.

http://www.hanzismatter.com/ has some good stuff.
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-31 04:06:42 |Display all floors
面条 whether you know the meaning or not doesn't even look like cool characters. Dragon, Strength, Loyalty, Fly and those types of words with a 'hook' are the cool and trendy characters people have as tattoos now. I have a tatoo on my upper right forearm and its originally a polynesian style barbed edged coil. It was something very cool during that time because it was so tribal...but even today its still cool so as long as you got muscle up there haha.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.