Views: 5855|Replies: 5

“Vanilla Sky” [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-29 13:35:52 |Display all floors
I just watched an old movie “Vanilla Sky” the day before yesterday. I was confused even when the movie ended.

The hero of the movie, named David, who was starred by Tom Cruise. He is a handsome and rich guy, but he can not distinguish between dreams and real life. In the story, he is a playboy and never serious in a relationship until one day he met a Spanish girl in his birthday party. While he is dating with the Spanish girl, one day his ex-girl asks him to get in her car and wants to have a talk with him. But actually, his ex-girl wants to commit herself suicide and then they have a car accident. The girl died but David survives. But he was disfigured and his whole has been changed ever since… he even kills his girl friend, the one he really loves.  But the problem is he doesn’t know whether this is real or just is a nightmare…   at the end of the story, David kills himself by jumping from a tall building, the ending scene is David wakes up and opens his eyes, he didn’t die…

I don’t know exactly what the movie wants to tell us. As I see it, it’s just like a Chinese old saying, “ life  is like dream, while dream is like life”…   it depends on how you want to lead it…

Is anybody here have seen this movie, can you let me know what you think?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-29 14:31:25 |Display all floors
You are in GD and watch the TVB pearl?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-29 16:25:48 |Display all floors

Hi Cantonboy...

Yes, I am in Hongkong. Did you watch this movie? Why not tell me what you think?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-31 15:24:51 |Display all floors
Nothing surprise, just old line

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-8 13:11:13 |Display all floors

the name of the film "Vanilla Sky" is very nice.

but I was confused when I watched it several years ago.:)but the heroine (佩内洛普克鲁兹)is a real beauty

[ Last edited by apple_lee at 2006-9-8 01:19 PM ]
Nothing's gonna stop us now!
MSN:apple_lee0512@hotmail.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-8 13:20:27 |Display all floors
I watched it when I was in the college. I hardly remember it.

About several months ago, I watched another film also starred by Penelope Cruz. The story is similar to Vanilla Sky.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.