How do you think of gay or lesbian? Is that acceptable? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-30 09:49:20 |Display all floors

Reply #34 eyeofstorm's post

It was reported Magic was one of them

Sad is'nt it!
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-30 11:02:18 |Display all floors
That doesn't mean it came from the US. It's pretty well-known that there is a simian version of the virus, and at some point it made the leap from one species to the other. Since the US is kind of scarce on monkeys that are native to the area, it's more likely it started where the monkeys did--Africa. AIDS also takes some time before you start seeing significant symptoms, so it may have spread quietly and undetected to a part of Africa where tourists from the US could catch it.

That's my explanation, caringhk. What's yours? AIDS didn't just appear out of nowhere.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-30 11:27:14 |Display all floors

Reply #37 sockmonkey's post

That monkey-monkeying things did not appear in the AIDS council answer.

As it is STATED in the AIDs council -  1st detected in gays.

Anyway whoever butchered monkeys are playing monkeying around.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-30 13:29:17 |Display all floors
i'll take them as my friends, but not accept a faggotry as my lover...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-30 22:58:22 |Display all floors

caringhk

Never said it wasn't first found in the gay community. However, it had to come from somewhere. And if there's a simian version of the virus in Africa (which there definitely is--I was reading about it a couple weeks ago in the news), doesn't it make sense that that's where it would come from? And you don't have to have sex with the monkey to get infected--all that needs to happen is blood-to-blood contact, and that can happen in a few different ways.

But really, you haven't answered my question. If AIDS didn't come from Africa, where did it come from?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-30 23:25:58 |Display all floors
caringhk, see the China Daily article at http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2006-05/30/content_603496.htm regarding the origin of AIDS in Cameroon.

Regarding gays and lesbians, I don't much care how people connect their plumbing.  There are lots more interesting aspects to people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-30 23:35:36 |Display all floors
My avatar makes me never want to be gay...im not homophobic...live and let live...whatever floats your boat =D
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.