Views: 5287|Replies: 18

Saying the last goodbye [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-23 09:41:21 |Display all floors
In the two years i've lived in China now, i've built up lots of friendships and alot of memories.

My daughter is back with me in China now. Last night i went out to the bar for one last dance and to say goodbye.

I walked in to the first bar. The Dj sees me and right away walks up to say hi. ASked me how long since i've been in here. I told him about a month. I used to be in these bars atleast once a week. I'm a dancaholic, but now other things to take care of again. I didn't tell him it was my last night i'd ever be in here to dance again, the thought was too strange. The other Dj's grabbed my purse and coat and put it behind the Dj booth as always.  i danced away as everyone tried to pull me up on the stage to dance, wasn't much in the mood for it. sometimes better to stay humble  to take everything in one last time.  Went to see a waiter friend of mine shook hands. The MC roars a good " Hey Canada Girl". Crowds'  moving up and down, lights flashing in my face ( i forgot my sun glasses) Then just like that, i walked out the door for the last time.

Then it was off to my other bar. Probably the one i'm most famous for attending. Not soo much cause i like it, but it became my hang out long before it became the place to be. I made my way over to my reg spot beside the Dj booth away from the speakers blasting those highs  into my ears.. horrrible speaker set up! Right away this middle eastern guy asks me to sit with him. Declined with a smile. He fallowed me around for a while and kept trying to get me to come with him. shhheeeesh
Then my FOO, Foo is a nickname i gave this guy  his surname is Fu. Foo, i met last year in a disco, probably my oldest Disco friend. He has been great with me. 2 years now we dance together, he gets me lots of free drink introduces me to a ton of people. For a while he was telling everyone i was his wife ( was a on going joke for a while). He dances horribly , tried to copy how i dance.. Guys cannot dance like a girl it's weird.
BUt Foo as long as i've known him, probably the ONLY guy that never tried to sleep with me that i met in a disco.

Anyways Foo comes up to me and with his little english says " I love you , I need you". We hugged told him i love him too in my crappy chinese.  I told him this was my goodbye night. He kept repeating" you're not comming back?" in chinese and giving me big hugs. I think he was in disbelief a little. We've both just been around soo long sometimes didn't see eachother for a while. but we always seem to have eahothers backs and i could always count on him. It was because of him, I know most things i know about China. He taught me tale ettiquitte, he taught me chinese for the most part, it was through him and his friends i learned alot about relationships.
I danced my night away in there with him, all our little funny dances. ( I would never dance like this with anyone else or anywhere else, just weird)
Then up was a Dj friend of mine, he past me on the dance floor said his hello. I passed him a piece of paper later as he was Dj'ing. Told him to make it a extra good set for the night it would be the last one i hear.. He looked at me in disbelief, then told me we'd meet for coffee the next day if i had time. I was trying to explain i wasn't leaving for a month but just wouldn't have time to be back here, but no point i'll explain it over coffee today.

Then at about 3:30am i walked outta the door from the oozy ,smelly disco. On the cab ride home all i wanted to do was cry. I watched carefully all the buildings with chinese writting, it was as if i was trying to make a movie and  put it to memory. All of this will be nothing but a memory to me in a nother month. This chapter in my life is comming to a close and no more extentions on it. Last year it's when i realised all ths i decided to stay , i wasn't ready for goodbye.  No choice this time around.
In the Next month there's a lot of no mores, Vacation's over, Parties over. it's really hard saying goodbye.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-23 09:49:21 |Display all floors
i'm feeling your pain, though I think to a lesser degree, as I'm leaving the USA soon....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-23 09:50:23 |Display all floors

Reply #1 peaches's post

I hope you had the sweetest memories  :) of your life and like all good things, will come to and end. You may not be in China but CD is still at your finger tips.

Bon voyage!!!:)
But keep the cheers in your heart to cherish forever.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-23 13:48:53 |Display all floors

wow

that was excellent....i feel all emotional...haha..
can you please keep us updated on your adventures whilst saying goodbye!
One day i will say goodbye too.....i wonder what that will be like

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-23 14:00:29 |Display all floors
you are lucky. there is wonderful times in  your memory till you end. but, chinese saying“ 天下无不散之宴席“

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-23 14:40:44 |Display all floors

tomorrow's life

life is going on round way always.today,you say goodbye to someone,some place or somethings for a while, but it does not mean it is forever thing in my view.at least,you have wonderful memory here,you know wonderful ppl here(yeah,maybe some are bad),but do not forget  one thing,china is also your home,if you want to be back all of the ppl you can call friends will be here.especially someone who is waiting for you.jus keep going your life........ it is your life.cheers!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-23 21:39:39 |Display all floors
luckly , you have the new life in other place! it is the good thing to u. i want to replace to your role

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.