Author: tmphgt

Where is this? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-24 04:26:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tmphgt at 2006-5-23 14:45
You have to be more specific!

It is not me - it is a statue :)

haha well, it's not u in the pic but it's u who took the pic.

i think diogense got it
- We don't dwell on the past, we remember it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-24 06:14:57 |Display all floors

Yep ...

1st prize and a haggis to diogenes

Now, for the really complex part of this quiz ...

Imagine you are standing at the spot where the photo was taken and then you turn around and took another photo. What would you see in the picture? Also, what film did the "object" appear in? The clue is in the name of the last picture ...

This is worth 1827176272563 points
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-26 04:04:45 |Display all floors
Well, since no one else has stepped up to the plate (baseball expression for all you non-Yanks), I guess I'll have to finish the answer.  The object, as alluded to in my earlier answer, is the Glenfinnan viaduct, a railroad bridge.  It appeared in the last 3 Harry Potter films, most recently "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire".
viaduct.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-26 04:09:24 |Display all floors
TMP, I don't think haggis is my thing, but if you're on this side of the pond I'll share some barbecue with you.

While pulling up the picture of the Glenfinnan viaduct I also saw another cool one of the tower.
sh-glenfinnan.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-26 05:36:10 |Display all floors

Thank you diogenes!!!

Correct answer and an excellent picture of the tower!

Scotland has some amazing scenery and the freshest air that I have found recently. It is also a nice place to escape to when the British Summer gets a bit too roasty down south
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-26 14:04:05 |Display all floors

oh its lovely....you should try New Zealand TMP

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.