Author: xiayiqiang

Why I back to reunify Taiwan by force. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-22 01:20:19 |Display all floors

The South Once Tried

They even went through the motion of a vote, and decided to a man to secede.  Very democratic of them.

What happened?  National unity ruled, even if it meant the cost of 1/10th of all male lives for the nation.  It was all worth it, according to Americans.  

What is good must be universal.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-22 01:49:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tongluren at 21-5-2006 18:20
They even went through the motion of a vote, and decided to a man to secede.  Very democratic of them.

The South had agreed to be part of the US right up until Lincoln proposed abolishing slavery. They suddenly changed their minds and said "go away". Taiwan has never accepted that it was part of the PRC. A better comparison would be if the South had broken away from the North and kept their independence for 56 years.

[ Last edited by mencius at 2006-5-21 06:51 PM ]
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-22 03:35:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mencius at 2006-5-22 01:49
The South had agreed to be part of the US right up until Lincoln proposed abolishing slavery. They suddenly changed their minds and said "go away". Taiwan has never accepted that it was part of the PRC. A better comparison would be if the South had broken away from the North and kept their independence for 56 years.

Mencius, I am certain that it would had been, had the US condition was the same as China. After all,
there is nothing special about the US to indicate otherwise.

God blesses all,

Forest Servant.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-22 05:33:23 |Display all floors

Divorcee or Floozy ?

Fish #14.
So the language has taken a new twist ; divorce you proffered . Well ask mencius (#16) who is adamant that Taiwan NEVER accepted they were  part of the PRC, let alone married to it. This is the sort of desperation coming from the ranks of the ignoramus whose only mode of defence left is to hair-split words and craft more spins.  
If Taiwan is to get a divorce from China, let us hope that her future with this American Romeo is of blissful happiness. As I see it , Don Juan has a string of blushing maidens at his beck and call. Lovely India is the latest maiden, of course the just-tolerated Pakistan, not to mention some of the old flames in Latin America, and Middle East. There are more on-and-off relationships than the squeaky bed springs. Beware and behave  is my advice to Taiwan. Life in this political harem is every bit as tough as the real thing. Take care.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-22 09:57:27 |Display all floors

Better not use force

I am strongly opposed to useing force to realize reunification, it is the worst scenario. We must try all means to avoid a civil war.

Time is on our side, and we must keep our patience. Peaceful reunification is our target.  

Force is the last resort.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-22 10:27:40 |Display all floors

Taiwan holds the cards

"Force is the last resort"

The only way China would ever attack Taiwan...and maybe not even then....is when

Taiwan declares "Indepenance".

So Taiwan will announce...when it is time to fight.

Lawyers are so expensive in a divorce.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-22 15:54:33 |Display all floors
Don't talk about  force casually. Time is on our side, yes, I agree.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.