Views: 6530|Replies: 29

is charity established in China [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2006-5-18 02:26:53 |Display all floors
I am under the impression that the tradition of charitable giving is not well established in China and that many chinese have trouble understanding the motivation of those who give to charity.
This is an issue I would be very interested to make  clear .
I am interested mostly to see how the chinese are willing for something like that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-18 19:41:53 |Display all floors
I've once read in a newspaper that the charity system in China is not well established yet.And so if you are rich and you want to give out your money,you have to go through  complicated procedure.And if you live through those irritating matters,you still can't make sure your donation is going to right places...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-18 19:47:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by izzyfish at 2006-5-18 19:41
I've once read in a newspaper that the charity system in China is not well established yet.And so if you are rich and you want to give out your money,you have to go through  complicated procedure.A ...

It does seem so.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-18 20:35:33 |Display all floors

i see now

Originally posted by saviola at 2006-5-18 19:47

It does seem so.

you are right

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-18 22:00:59 |Display all floors
The existence of charity just means that society is not well-developed enough. In a good society, the state will have a good plan to care for those who can't make it on their own.

Seeing rich people giving the scraps from their tables to the poor just makes me sick. Tax the moth^H^H^H^Hrich instead, and see to it that the people left out can be useful to society instead, thereby making them lead dignified and normal lives.
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-19 13:29:19 |Display all floors
Seeing rich people giving the scraps from their tables to the poor just makes me sick.

Charity is not something that the rich give the scraps to the poor.It's a way in which they try to do something helpful to society by offering what they have and doing what they can.
While taxing the rich is a good method to narrow the gap between the rich and the poor,charity is a more humanistic way.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-19 13:46:35 |Display all floors

you have covered me

Originally posted by izzyfish at 2006-5-19 13:29

Charity is not something that the rich give the scraps to the poor.It's a way in which they try to do something helpful to society by offering what they have and doing what they can.
While taxin ...

I agree with you .You have covered me completely.I will have to add something more though.Charity is not only from the rich to the poor but also from the less poor to the more poor ones.
If you have experienced poverty in your life then you know very well what it is so you can not endure enjoying your life while the rest are suffering.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.