Author: tongluren

Time to Ditch Taidu [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-29 07:18:17 |Display all floors
You're saying that people that live in the countryside that want to live in the cities are criminals?! I think you should re-phrase that last statement.

Mencius, I am a countryside person. Why would I want do declared myself as criminal? Hence, what you
said is not my implication.

You alleged that some peasant was denied entrance into the city, and all I wanted was the true reason for
that: Being criminal is one, not meeting a certain requirement is another,...., and yariyariyariya.  So, what the
hell is the reason? Could you just cough it up, please? I am sure the UK and other nations had denied some
people visa in the past. Does this mean that they are evil? of course not until we know all truths behind it.

I'm talking about the Hukou. People registered in the countryside can't legally just up and move to the cities. If they go unofficially they can't access public services properly, including education. And it isn't easy to get registered in the city from the countryside. So while a city resident can live and work wherever they want in China, a rural resident cannot do the same unless they sacrifice benefits city residents can access. Thus you can say rural residents are second-class citizens in mainland China.

Surely you know about this.

Yes, I knew something about the "Hokou", but you are talking history. This is year 2006, mencius, and it have
goten a lot better now than then 1949, and more to come as time required.

And what is wrong with a little delay in getting a massive population what they wanted through a ligitimate
processes and in an orderly maner? Moreover, why should this be the reason to allow a small group of
minority (Taiwanese) the right to steal the island from a huge majority of people who has sacrificed lives,
sweats, and bloods for over 200 years?

God blesses all,

Forest Servant.

[ Last edited by forestservan at 2006-5-29 03:24 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

crazyazn has been deleted
Post time 2006-5-29 12:24:39 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-29 13:11:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by crazyazn at 2006-5-29 12:24
What rubbish. No one in the P R C shed a drop of Sweat for the sake of the R O C . Stop listening to the garbage propaganda of the Govt over there, your brains are turning mushy.

Crazyazn, I am not talking about the last 50 years, but the 200 years before the Japanese annexed the
island from us. We where on the same side then, remember?:)

God blesses all,

Forest Servant.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-29 15:49:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by forestservan at 2006-5-28 15:32
I agree here provided that the person meet all qualification for the position.

Yes, you are right, but don't expect a perfect world anywhere on this planet.

yes, this is not a perfect world

what qualification
connection is more a valuable commodity

you came from 500 miles away
40 years old and older

this kind of  attitude

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-29 23:32:15 |Display all floors
yes, this is not a perfect world

what qualification
connection is more a valuable commodity

True, but connection is only an extra bonus. Everyone knows China can't function on connection
alone.

you came from 500 miles away
40 years old and older

this kind of  attitude

And where I am coming and going with the attitude, Lap?

God blesses all,

Forest Servant.

[ Last edited by forestservan at 2006-5-29 11:33 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-30 06:13:06 |Display all floors

60% of surveyed Taiwan populace said Ah Bian was incompetent.

The news reported that 60% of surveyed Taiwan populace said Ah Bian was incompetent.
That means Ah Bian was not longer favored as the political leader.

Not yet, Ah Bian may stage another event to gain sympathy. You'll never know.  

Perhaps he wouldn't be shot in the stomach this time, but just get raped by a lesbian.

The confused and sympathetic Taiwan voters could vote him in for a third term and change the "constitution" to permit a third term.  You'll never know.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-30 06:13:45 |Display all floors

If Hukou=ok, Taiwanese visas=ok

Originally posted by forestservan at 29-5-2006 00:18

I am sure the UK and other nations had denied some people visa in the past.

I haven't heard of any point in our history where people were stopped from living in the cities. People were free to move around, except possibly during some very extreme points in our history - e.g. Cromwell's Commonwealth.

The system has been changed somewhat, but that still doesn't mean that the majority of Chinese people are not free to go and live where they choose in China. It isn't a matter of bureaucracy, it's that they won't ever all be allowed to move to the cities if they wished.

I'm not saying that it would be good for Chinese cities to be completely overcrowded, but if you complain that it's unfair for mainlanders to not be able to go to Taiwan without a visa then you should campaign for an end to the hokou first, as more people are affected by it. And if you think it is necessary to have the hukou to stop overcrowding then it is also necessary for Taiwan to have similar restrictions to stop it being overcrowded (it's already rather densely populated). Because if there were open borders, Taiwan would be swamped.
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.