Author: tongluren

Time to Ditch Taidu [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-28 14:54:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by forestservan at 2006-5-28 04:54

No one will deny Taiwanese any freedom to roam around anywhere, once they
accepted our "one country, two systems" proposal.

once........

sorry, my friend
I'd rather keep it this way right now, because I know a fact
Taiwanese have the freedom to roam around anywhere

the VIP treatment will vanish once they accepted ....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-28 15:06:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by forestservan at 2006-5-28 13:01

Crazyazn, the only reason that we need passport is because you guy denying us the freedom access our
island freely; otherwise, we don't need passport. And we must resolve this conflict soon.

very interesting
"our "
I really feel sorry for people keep saying something is "our" and ........, you know what I mean...

"must resolve this conflict soon"
don't hold your breath, my friend

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-28 15:21:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by forestservan at 2006-5-28 04:54

Absolutely, but keep in mind that no government on this planet can satisfied 100%
of their citizen.

absolutely, no goverment can do it

do not discriminate your own fellow citizen
e.g.
who is eligible to travel to Hong Kong
who is eligible to apply for a public servant position
eligibility should be universally
please correct me if I'm wrong

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-28 15:25:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lap5900 at 2006-5-28 15:06
very interesting
"our "
I really feel sorry for people keep saying something is "our" and ........, you know what I mean...

"must resolve this conflict soon"

Lap, sorry if I was not clear about my usage of the word "our". I have spoken to many mainlanders
for the last few years in my area and recently on the net, and everyone have agreed with the same
idea on Taiwan. Thus, I used the term "our" and "we" on their behalf as well as mine. I hope that
clarify it for everyone.

God blesse all,

Forest Servant.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-28 15:32:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lap5900 at 2006-5-28 15:21
do not discriminate your own fellow citizen
e.g.
who is eligible to travel to Hong Kong

I totally agree.

who is eligible to apply for a public servant position

I agree here provided that the person meet all qualification for the position.

eligibility should be universally
please correct me if I'm wrong

Yes, you are right, but don't expect a perfect world anywhere on this planet.

God blesses all,

Forest Servant.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-28 22:14:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mencius at 2006-5-28 20:43
Well I get the "tough, what are you going to do about it?" line from other people on this forum (e.g. ray), so unless you jump in and tell them not to use that on me I think I can use it on you.

Fair enough sir.:)

What about those countries that accept such visas and passports, especially those that have visa waivers or simply different entry systems for the bearer of a Taiwanese passport?

I am not sure what your point here. Yes, I know that the US citizen can go to Canada almost at free will.
This even make taiwan look worst to most mainlanders because they where treated below human
standard by their own brother. And I am quite sure that this will cost them something when their time
come.

And more importantly, what about the Chinese government? They restrict travel to/residency in Macao and HongKong. They also restrict the ability of people from the countryside to move to the cities. So what does that make the central government? I'd say more Chinese people want to go to the cities than Taiwan and thus the restriction is worse than anything the Taiwanese government does by your logic. Where's your condemnation of the Chinese central government?

That is old history, Mencius, at first there where some restriction in order to keep HK and Macao's economy
from being damage, but now their is almost no restriction whatsoever. If I want to go to HK or Macao, all I
have to do is to see my local travel agent.

As for farmer restricted from entering the City, I never heard of it. All I know is I have friend that jump from
city to city, an I never heard a single complaint about restriction. Thus, I need more information on this in
order to understand the cause of it.. You don't expect us to allow criminals to roam free in China, do you?

God blesses all,

Forest Servant.

[ Last edited by forestservan at 2006-5-28 10:16 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-28 23:04:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by forestservan at 28-5-2006 15:14
As for farmer restricted from entering the City, I never heard of it. All I know is I have friend that jump from
city to city, an I never heard a single complaint about restriction. Thus, I need more information on this in
order to understand the cause of it.. You don't expect us to allow criminals to roam free in China, do you?

You're saying that people that live in the countryside that want to live in the cities are criminals?! I think you should re-phrase that last statement.

I'm talking about the Hukou. People registered in the countryside can't legally just up and move to the cities. If they go unofficially they can't access public services properly, including education. And it isn't easy to get registered in the city from the countryside. So while a city resident can live and work wherever they want in China, a rural resident cannot do the same unless they sacrifice benefits city residents can access. Thus you can say rural residents are second-class citizens in mainland China.

Surely you know about this.

[ Last edited by mencius at 2006-5-28 04:06 PM ]
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.