Author: xilaren

how safe I can be in Beijing [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-15 20:03:25 |Display all floors

my opinion

You will be as safe as in Italy.Be very careful with your money.Better have it in a place where nobody can see it.
Italy safers a lot from stealers.More than Beijing I am afraid.
As far as the restaurants.My opinion is that ladies like you or like my girlfriend ,if they sit alone ,they may find some guys willing to keep them company.So better avoid it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-15 20:38:57 |Display all floors
You will be as safe as in any big cities in Beijing. Don't worry about it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-15 21:03:26 |Display all floors
if  you   got in  danger or  some troubles  ,do not  forget  to  dial"110"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-15 23:05:26 |Display all floors

to xilaren

a warm wellcome to China and "贝贝晶晶欢欢迎迎妮妮"(北京欢迎你)
Don't worry about the security in Beijing nowadays. And enjoy your trip......
Come away with me my girl

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-16 03:50:36 |Display all floors

much safer than LA,NY ROMEor Istanbul

In the year of 2005, there were about 5 millions of international visitors,most of whom were Westerners,staying at 635 of hotels and 35 of youth hostels here in Beijing for more than 3 nights.There are more than140,000 American tourists among the 910,000 international travelers visiting Beijing in the month of April this year alone.

More than 50 five-star international hotel chians such as Ritz Carlton,Hyatt,Marriott,Hilton,Sheraton,Shangri-la,Kempinski,Crowne Plaza and Swissotel are available for you to choose from;
More than 80 four-star international hotel chains like Continental,Radisson,Marco Polo,novotel are at your service;
You can also stay at one of around 300 of three-star hotels such as Best Western,Holiday inn,Days inn,Ibis and so on.
And all rooms of 35 youth hostels  mentioned above are fully air-conditioned.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-16 04:54:41 |Display all floors

You will be safer in Beijing than in Athens.......

But do some practical things in advance.....From experience.

Get a card with the phone number and address written Chinese of the place where you will be staying......If you get lost just show the cab driver the card....or if you have to call you will have the number. Put other important addresses and numbers on the back of the card so you will have a reference.

Always carry your I.D and Passport, except when you are in the shower.

Don't be arrogant or demanding (I have seen this a lot) the Chinese are very polite and always willing to help (unless you are causing problems for them)

Learn the money just like you would anywhere else. Dracma, Lire, Pesos, Dollars. RMB are very easy to learn. It's up to you to know the value of things. What is it worth to YOU?

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2006-5-16 07:01:15 |Display all floors

thanks a lot

thank you very much all of you.I wiil take all these in mind.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.