Author: circlept

In today's China Daily: Involve the masses in the nation's reform [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-17 10:47:41 |Display all floors

China is peculiar

I belive China is peculiar, and Chinese people (esp the elites) are peculiar, too (like Jews?) in managing their own affairs well.  And this peculiarity is strengthened by the unexpected boom of the Internet here in China.

From the Internet, the governing elite have learned a lot, both hubris and curses, criticisms and suggestions, and all this have played a role in the elite's administration.

Like tongluren, I am quite confidently believing that, provided CPC always put stability at the uttermost front, and keep following the path of free enterprise and market competition, China could achieve another 20-30 years of annual 8-10% economic growth.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-17 10:59:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinadaily at 2006-5-17 10:47

Like tongluren, I am quite confidently believing that, provided CPC always put stability at the uttermost front, and keep following the path of free enterprise and market competition, China could achieve another 20-30 years of annual 8-10% economic growth.

I am not arguing against that. All I am saying is that this development will have a natural ending, and then the economy will slow down, or even reverse a bit (as has happened in Japan).

The stability is what countries like India and Indonesia don't have. But then again, when the slowdown comes, maybe China will have to deal with similar problems.
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-17 11:37:18 |Display all floors

Reply #17 liangzai's post

Liang - I don't conclude for them.

They play with fire, you know they get fire.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-17 11:43:15 |Display all floors

Reply #18 mencius's post

It is hard to see "Emperor ruling with consensus of the people".
This is like present CPC that includes people from all walks of life at the CPC meetings. The people are the public ears and the are the mouth speakers in CPC.

West quarrels at meetings, China discusses with calm minds.
West  persuades for 5 year, China would like to persuades for 50 years or more.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-17 11:48:20 |Display all floors
yes, development has a certain curve. what the chinese gov should do is to prolong the uphill trend and offset the damage of downhill. we should not fear the downside trend, so much as to refuse to talk about it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-17 13:40:26 |Display all floors

Reply #37 liangzai's post

Don't worry Liang about the down.

Much of China is still empty and that takes a long long time.........
As long the the road ahead is smooth, that will smoothen the rough edges easily.

So Catbird rightly said, when that bridge comes, we build it fearlessly.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-17 21:03:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tongluren at 2006-5-17 10:43
I repeat:  NO OTHER NATION in human history was able to achieve what China did in the last 30 years.  ...

Make that 40 years and count the tens of millions who didn't get to experience the last 30 years.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.