Author: amberwu1981

what happened to us ------------chinese [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-14 21:24:59 |Display all floors

reply to dreamaker

Very nice to read your reply ,dreamaker . And hope all of your dream come ture in near future . But I don't know if our goverment carry out the moral instruction now . you see, as a office woker , I only bury myself  in office then flat to study , the outside world is beyond my life . That is a problem , I need change .
If our goverment join in us to care about moral, that is a good news . The harmonious society will come son.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-14 21:27:50 |Display all floors

andows

You are really a good history reader, sharing so much of your own thought with us here. but I find there is a fact that the more you have read, the more pessimistic you are. then what advantages it has to go on with more reading...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-14 21:32:44 |Display all floors
"no body calls ambulance when seeing somebody bleeding"

That is sooooo true!!! I myself see it all the time here in Changchun and my friends too told me this before I came here. I also saw this in Shanghai!!! Why is this so?

I don't know about the rest of the world but in my country, anyone would help. Be it little things like pushing your car, holding your groceries if you are standing on the bus... it's scary, here, people just look!!!

So far I have met some nice Chinese people though, I don't know how helpful they'd be if I got bumped by a car though... is there some rule of some sort?

[ Last edited by divina at 2006-5-14 09:34 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-14 21:36:07 |Display all floors

Perhaps...

...the Chinese people...do not know any better.

Perhaps, education is the key.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-15 10:21:57 |Display all floors

reply to iluv2fish and divina

Originally posted by iluv2fish at 2006-5-14 21:36
...the Chinese people...do not know any better.

Perhaps, education is the key.

Thanks for your posts  . I agree with iluv2fish , education is the key to solve this. This education comes  from school , family , and the people around us .  Sure enough , school plays a important role in education , but not alll children could go to high senior school in China---- no money to support  . And then family ,  chinese families didn't care about education before the 90's, now it is better in city .  Finally, Seldom did people around us set example .

If there are some rule for some sort , I don't think so , Divina .  I believe if you bumped by car , the witness  who know you would help you , and the other people who don't know you would ask the driver to send you to hospital  or  maybe some called emergency recuse  and maybe not --------sometimes people don't know what they should do .

On the other hand, If you are a foreigner , sure, you would get more help in any case because , in chinese people's mind, you didn't hurt them at all --------------that will blaze people's  nature instinct--- goodness .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-15 13:00:12 |Display all floors

amberwu1981

You are a well-educated person after a sort, and you have not lifted your finger to offer any help in this situation. So i dont think your opinion holds water at all.

Pls dont talk more hot air here, instead, let's take actions....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-15 13:15:28 |Display all floors
in fact, this kind of things happen everywhere, not just in china...i have been to some western countries, there i experienced or witnessed something worse than this, such as we got robbed in the street in the daytime and local police didnt offer helps...i blamed that policeman but  think similar things would happen in other places of the world...so i dont think it is reasonable to link one or two individual cases to the reputation of that nation....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.