Author: amberwu1981

what happened to us ------------chinese [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-14 10:19:35 |Display all floors
Congeal the conclusion even further - to reach developed status, citizens must show they can for others in a way which shows social altruism and caring hearts are not the exception. Developed status should be defined by at least that element of caring for others spontaneously. Once you have that target in the head, develop and broadcast educational programmes to do so. Hongkong SAR has already done it on tv. You'll find that the Chinese people can be spontaneously caring as things improve in their lives. And if one sixth of the human race does that, think how the world will look from outer space.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-14 10:24:11 |Display all floors

qualitative versus quantitative outlook

There are evil or insensitive persons everywhere.  Neocons in America certainly have no qualms in hurting people, and a lot of people.  It is true everywhere in the world, and not just in China.

What many people fail to realize is that when someone / anyone hurts a organization or a group of people ironically he/she don't feel held responsible socially / morally / ethically and the list goes...(yet the public always reacts to dramatic numbers) On the other hand if that person affects an individual then he/she then feels the guilt maximized without reailzing there was countless 'individual' within the victims group prior.

"One man dies, its a tragedy, One million man dies, its a statistic"

We need to all start thinking and dissecting a conglomerate into as an individual at the get go.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-14 10:34:40 |Display all floors

I feel that mainland television produces too many commercials for products and not enough for awareness of helping others, limit smoking, child abuse hotline, stay away from gambling and ad infinitum. The only one I have so far seen is a commercial on stop Pirating Illegal Software / DVD copies. Instead of advertising in a unprofessional way of overlapping or repeating a specific advertisement, they should squeeze in an 'awareness advertisement' just like what often is broadcasted on Hong Kong SAR channels. This form of awareness can go a long way indoctrinating the morals many people once had. If they can't feel that sense of personal altruism inside them at first, sooner or later human instinct will discreetly help them realize.

"Fake it till you make it"
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-14 15:43:07 |Display all floors
Tongluren,spiritrace, markwu and eyeofstorm , thanks for all your kind analysis  of this phenomena . I get something from your posts and  conclude that has three main resources :  education , social culture ,  self-consciousness .  When we were students in school , teachers told us to help others when they were in trouble . But we find , when move in society ,sometimes that would hurt yourself and couldn't help the others as well , so we learn how to protect ourselves . With  time gone, we have the habit of not caring if no business with us ,. As spiritrace said, this is the culture in real society ,  perhaps the by-products of developmet . if  we want to make differences , only self-consciousness  can help .  

I never lose faith in people , and I believe every niceness in this world . Most of people are as warmhearted as you.

what we can do now , starting with ourselves , educate the people around us(colleagues, next generation ..) . I think it is feasible to take this action..... As to TV , Hongkong do better job , but nobady knows when mainland do the same ad .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-14 19:32:44 |Display all floors
As the development of Chinese economic, Chinese people pay more attention on how to earn more and how tto own a happy life. In that case, most of them care less about the people around them. It is not accidentally, but thinking about this situation, we feel sad.
Maybe this is just why the Chinese government carry out the moral instruction throughout the country.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-14 21:15:55 |Display all floors

Amber

"But believe me , I would do good job next time . "

That is what it is all about. No one knows how they will react the first time, but you have learned an important lesson.

Now live by example so others will learn also.:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-14 21:20:34 |Display all floors

amberwu1981

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.