Author: divina

Should Chinglish be encouraged or discouraged? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-15 15:05:18 |Display all floors
personal opinion. the purpose of a language whatever it is is to communicate, to express yout throught, to exchange, to share. ........ to understand each other, i donot care which way i use to reach this purpose even through i use body language or some other ways. so, i think Chinglish should be discouraged. maybe you have a heavy accent , maybe you have grammar mistakes, maybe you have a wrong pronunciation,but  who care it? come on... it is not an english class. do speak out doesn't matter you speak english or chinglish!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-15 21:50:35 |Display all floors
hehe, now it is equal:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-15 21:57:24 |Display all floors
Years ago a noted professor of English at Fudan University in Shanghai used the term CHINA ENGLISH for what we are now discussing - Chinglish.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-16 00:51:50 |Display all floors
Chinglish= Chinese + English... tell that Fudan "professor" to give me a call ;-p

come on multiple-handle person, make some more... while you're busy creating new users, I'm off to get more credits to make it my thousandth!! cheerio!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-16 06:03:31 |Display all floors
no way to call him, until u go to the next world :-)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-16 06:04:12 |Display all floors
and i am not "created"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-16 06:21:04 |Display all floors

what a friggin loser

happens when you think in CHINGLISH I guess;-)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.