Author: divina

Should Chinglish be encouraged or discouraged? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-23 18:17:45 |Display all floors
For me, I had to say frankly, the Chinglish should not be encouraged, while Chinglish will be a trend in the future.

Use magic tools Report

rovi297 has been deleted
Post time 2007-3-23 18:21:35 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-23 19:31:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by divina at 2006-8-22 19:50

psst... do you realize Americans, Australians and South Africans has English as an official language? You know in American Idol when Simon Cowell talks criticize people for "killing" ...

Well, could I understand that this is why so many guys who join the American Idol hated Simon?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-28 17:54:05 |Display all floors
I'd like to say something.I think Chinadaily paper also has a Chinglish tone,as it's inevitable.China has its
own things which u cannot find the countpartner in English.I wonder if u have done Chinese to English
translation work,u cannot translate it like a native speaker,sometimes not only translate meaning,but also
word to word,as we're afraid of losing its resourse data,that means reponsibility.So when I have finished
translation,the document that have its chinese characteristics is always not native but with a Chinglish
tone, So,weather u discourage or ignore it,it still exsits and will  exist for a long time

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-27 06:03:58 |Display all floors

Reply #1 divina's post

In Singapore there is Singlish which has become a kind of defacto sub language, is it a bad thing?
Well from having a Chinese teacher from Singapore who frequently used to refer to it I found it most unhelpful & confusing,
Americans do speak 'Amerglish' or something, it is an official policy of the American government to try and get as many "American English" speaking schools in China as possible, its all part of the 'American domination design', unfortunately for students American English is deliberately perforated into sometimes unintelligible near nonsense with American phraseologies which are of no use in international terms - so the poor student is left doing a load of unnecessary work compared with the student who who learns proper English.
If anyone doubts this see the post titled  "River-boat" in the English study forum.

For students having a clear foundation in a pure language is important, learning any form of slang will merely make you look a fool in business, later on you can learn any slang you like and keep it for 'bar talk'.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.