Views: 2694|Replies: 2

speaking for children [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-12 23:18:49 |Display all floors
i myself would like to speak english well, but it is hard to have much confidence.  
i think the best way is to practice every night with an english speaker.
i have signed my daughter up for a service called SpeakEveryday which i see on kids century http://www.21kc.cn/

i have talk to a friend in france who doing english lesson with them and says it is very good.

if your children are speaking with this teachers online too. i am interested in your opinion.
here is the site:
www.speakeveryday.com/intl

for the moment i think it is just for children, but i am wishing there is service for adult too!
i need also to talk to a real english speaker, because otherwise we just hear the same mistakes over and over from our chinese friends and then we think we speak very good when in fact we make many mistake!

i will write to say if it is good when my daughter start on Monday!...
  :)

[ Last edited by wendywow at 2006-5-13 12:01 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-12 23:40:58 |Display all floors
In fact, I don't think you need to find foreigners to talk with your daughter. In my opinion, if children can chat with each other freely, and exchange ideas, it's ok. If they can find others' mistakes, i.e., they have made progress. If you want your daughter to learn the idiomatic uasage, you may ask her to imitate some original materials in English. In addition, it is better to imitate one style, either American English or British English, while not both.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-22 13:48:05 |Display all floors
Dear Wendywow,
Can i ask how old is your daughter?  My son is two years old, i wander when he
can start to study English. Any sugession?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.