Author: xiayiqiang

If you love Greater China, please help me to refute those Anti-China guys. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-15 19:18:56 |Display all floors

Breathe

I have seen angry & hostile comments from several sources, here, and from several views.
I have also seen comments that seem to be written and designed to anger.
Some comments seem simply too silly to refute.
It seems that some points should be discussed, argued, and some, far more studied than I should argue points & facts, and refute the extremists from all quarters.
Maybe one of the signs of knowing you have strength is that you do not need to demonstrate it for its own sake.
When I read comments, I first look to see what motivation the writer had & what goal they wanted from the writing.
Some comments seem simply laughable & should be treated appropriately. :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-17 21:21:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by nanren888 at 2006-5-15 21:18
It seems that some points should be discussed, argued, and some, far more studied than I should argue points & facts, and refute the extremists from all quarters.
Maybe one of the signs of knowing you have strength is that you do not need to demonstrate it for its own sake.
When I read comments, I first look to see what motivation the writer had & what goal they wanted from the writing.
Some comments seem simply laughable & should be treated appropriately

You make a good point, nanren888. It is sensible to try to understand the motivations of some posts.
Some try to incite bad language, some simply wish to criticise others, some wish to promote a particular egenda, and some wish to engage in reasonable debate. Many here want to learn from other opinions.

The problem is that not everything can be discussed openly.
For example, there was a report on a foreign news site about a public statement made by the Foreign Ministry spokesman of China. This statement was not reported in Chinese media and cannot be repeated in these forums, except by using obtuse references. The statement itself was an indication of the positive development of the Chinese government and indicated their movement towards understanding what should be done in future and what shouldn't be done. But it cannot be discussed in detail!!!
There are other things which cannot be discussed. When the name of a famous landmark and tourist attraction is written in these forums the name $$ Square is replaced by dollar signs! Note that if I try to fool the system by using T-ian-an-men then I can get it printed. How silly is this? What if I want to say I took a photo of some friends in $$ Square? Dollar square, what's that? The foyer of a bank?

So there is a difficulty in properly discussing things. While you rightfully object to postings which are bad language or appear extremist, please remember that there are many reasonable, factual and moderate posts which attempt to discuss "ordinary" events and get removed. When the moderate posts get removed, some get frustrated and react accordingly. The removal of decent posts also makes the "bad" ones more obvious.

Cheers

JB

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2006-5-17 11:26 PM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-3 06:22:16 |Display all floors
The anti-China forumites (usually foreigners) have one agenda and that is to cause divisions and strife.

They see China's development and are very envious.
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-3 09:07:04 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-3 12:11:50 |Display all floors

Try being nice

then everyone will like you

and if you are Chinese

those people will also like China more

- Fighting the "China-bashers/haters" will not work

war breeds war

only that

:)
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-3 12:30:38 |Display all floors

reasonable remarks!

Originally posted by superkylin at 2006-5-12 11:51
I love great China and it has nothing to do with counter-attacking those anti-China guys...that's just their (narrow perhaps)opinion, and China won't turn into what they cussed and slandered...

I like the way you articulate you opinion.
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.