Author: thunderbird

Share Our Crafts: Naming Contest and Summer Party [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-10 23:02:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by superkylin at 2006-5-10 22:47
Cool idea...thunderbird...it seems new ideas and creativities kept on gushing from your mind all the time, never end....

"Sky has a limit and it's limited to your imagination"

Now ...

Maybe next time, we have to say "outer space is the limit":)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-10 23:12:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2006-5-10 23:02

Maybe next time, we have to say "outer space is the limit":)

or....like this----"Imagination has a limit and is limited to your imagination has a limit and is limited to your imagination has  a limit and is limited to your imagination......"

An infinite loop

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-10 23:55:59 |Display all floors

Hahaha

Originally posted by superkylin at 2006-5-10 23:12

or....like this----"Imagination has a limit and is limited to your imagination has a limit and is limited to your imagination has  a limit and is limited to your imaginati ...

Hahaha. Your imaginations must have gone wild!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-11 00:14:59 |Display all floors

OK, a brief note about my crafts

OK, a brief introduction about my crafts. I made my crafts roughly 20 some years ago. It was from clay mixed with other minerals. I believe we bought those clay blocks from the local areas. Most of my crafts were from handwork and wheel work. We used different glazes for the final coatings. The forms were fired at a temperature in the kiln to form bisques. We glazed the bisques and then fired again to a higher temperature for days.

It takes hard work and patience to complete one single task...wheelwork is not as easy as it appears to be...it takes lots of practice and patience....in order to shape and guide the clay, you have to know your particular clay's "personality". It is a training ground for meditation and building characters.
:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-11 00:18:19 |Display all floors
Oh! I'm so excited! I am honored to be appointed a judge! Did you also notice you picked male & a female Chinese person and a male and a female native-english person? That's very good, so we can judge both kinds of names. You're a clever bird!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-11 00:47:53 |Display all floors

Haha...

I like to judge instead of being judged.

Thank you, T-Bird, I will take my seat...

[ Last edited by afri_simba at 2006-5-10 07:50 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-11 01:19:55 |Display all floors
Simba, you can sit between the two beautiful ladies, superkylin & me. And we shall wait for TMP and the entries.  Haha... it sounds like a 50's band "TMP and The Entries"....

superkylin - The white face is a flower petal? Does that mean your little woman is already old & shriveled up now?   That is truly an artistic spirit, to put your time and mind into creating something that you know will disappear soon.... great job!

Hey... if you play an instrument, your music disappears instantly too. Hmm.... just thinking out loud.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.