Author: tmphgt

Tech-talk ... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-2 11:22:56 |Display all floors

NEW QUESTION

Are you guys able to copy or save satellite maps from Google maps? Not the program you download, just this:
http://www.google.com/maphp?hl=en&tab=wl&q=
(you'll have to type in something, like springfield NJ, then click "satellite" view.)

I just want to know if it's me or googlemaps.

NEWER QUESTION -
I have a 2nd hard drive that seems to have disappeared. It's still in there, I see it, all connected, but it doesn't appear in My Computer and if I search for things I know are on it it doesn't know they exist. (been like that for over a month)

It's just done up & gone invisible on me.
And, well, as you can imagine, I really want it back.

[ Last edited by freakyqi at 2006-6-2 11:27 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-2 12:02:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 6-2-2006 11:22
NEW QUESTION

Are you guys able to copy or save satellite maps from Google maps? Not the program you download, just this:
http://www.google.com/maphp?hl=en&tab=wl&q=
(you'll have to type in something, like springfield NJ, then click "satellite" view.)

I just want to know if it's me or googlemaps.

NEWER QUESTION -
I have a 2nd hard drive that seems to have disappeared. It's still in there, I see it, all connected, but it doesn't appear in My Computer and if I search for things I know are on it it doesn't know they exist. (been like that for over a month)

It's just done up & gone invisible on me.
And, well, as you can imagine, I really want it back.

1) no, i can't save the image iether....try to do a print screen and past it in paint to edit it and be sure to save it as a jpg, not bmp.

2) by searching for thing i presume you mean your shortcuts to folder and files don't work, right?  if you open my computer and you don't see it, then it may not be connected.  open your tower with the power off, check the grey ribbon cable...reseat it and reseat the white power cable as well.  turn the comp back on and feel the top of the hard drive to make sure you feel it moving...you'll be able to feel if it is working.  if not, it's physcially dead, otherwsie turn your comp back on to see if windblowws recognizes the the HD.  If not, go into your comps BIOS (press f11, f1, del, or something similar at startup) and look for IDE settings...if it's not in there and its physically connected and the power is on AND you didn't change the jumper setting on the back of the hard drives then the IDE slot (the male side of the grey ribbon cable on the big circuit board) on the motherboard is most likely dead...  i'd then try the second hard drive on the other IDE slot and see if it is detected in the CMOS settings (comps startup settings).  

yeah, hard to explain all poosibillities at once...

;-]

[ Last edited by mikeghet at 2006-6-2 12:09 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-2 12:19:20 |Display all floors

how to write the HTML code in

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-2 12:21:29 |Display all floors
Wow, mike, thanks for all that stuff to try in #2!! I'll try it tomorrow, can't wait. I already checked the cable, they're in there good, but I didn't feel if it's moving, and all the other stuff you said.

By search I guess i meant any way at all where you'd get to something, through the program that created it, or the windows Search, or looking through directories anywhere (my computer, any programs, etc) - yeah, it's like it doesn't exist, but I'll try that stuff & look in DOS (or whatever they call it now before windows comes on). Your level of explanation was just right for me! You're so intuitive!  ... And handsome.... and strong,....... and.. oh sorry, it's getting late here, I get a little silly when it's late.

Saving maps - No, it doesn't save by ANY means whatsoever (save, copy, prtScn, all kinds of combinations of things, from the page itself or from Print Preview where it's all alone on the screen. I can save frm mapquest but they don't have satellite views. If you know of any other color satellite maps where I canlook up my town, let me know, but I'm going to beddy-bye now. For the benefit of all mankind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-2 12:58:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 6-2-2006 12:21
And handsome.... and strong,....... and.. oh sorry, it's getting late here, I get a little silly when it's late

hey hey, don't stop there jersey gurl!!!  lol

well, hopefully it helps...

there are other things to check s well, but if it were me i'd just reboot the system and right beofre it beeps start pressing the aformentioned keys every second and it'll bring you to the CMOS settings....like, if it's the DEL (delete) key, then press, one mississippi (that's the longest word i can spell btw ;-), two missi...etc until you see the WEIRD screen ;-0

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-2 13:03:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xiao-meow at 6-2-2006 12:19

you give us the demonstation I want to see the TV here

also which site do I get the sound links from

to write html you need to learn what's called TAGS...very simple to learn actually if you have patience...

go to start, run, and type notepad and click ok...then start typeing your tags.. <body>, <head>, etc etc. [edit]oh yeah, be sure to save as file type like filename.htm or filetype.html[/edit]

textpad.org has a free text editor which i always liked to use, especially for basic programming, and html...there's more color, it doesn't have tons of overhed...it's easier on the eye ballz having color vs window's notepad...  i'm assuming you're using windos of course..

[ Last edited by mikeghet at 2006-6-2 01:16 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-13 21:39:19 |Display all floors

NEW QUESTION

Hey guys! Remember this thread? (Don't be a wise-ass, that's not my 'new question')

TWO QUESTIONS, actually:

#1 -
How can I type hanzi (chinese characters) on my computer everywhere. On this laptop I have here now, my only computer (windows xp) i don't have ANY chinese word processing programs, and I can't even type chinese here on this bbs or in wordpad or anywhere. SA helped me last time, but at the time she said she wasn't sure if she was telling me the right thing (she was :)) so I figured I'd ask my homies here at our very own tech support.

My PRINTER still won't work. My computer does not recognize it. Other things work in all the USB ports, but when I plug the printer in, a little window in the bottom right pops up and says it doesn't reconize the device I just plugged in. it's a Canon printer I bought here in China. The disk that came with it was in english, I tried choosing 'asia' and 'north america' as options it gave me, no difference. Every time it gets almost done but then finally at the last step it says 'installation failed'.

I tried DL'ing the driver from the Canon website, didn't work. A friend DL'd some windows updates and USB updates, still nothing. The printer works fine on someone else's computer using the CD it came with.

My last resort is to take it to the nearest Canon service center, but I know they will all speak chinese and I don't think they'll ask me how many brothers & sisters I have. The only thing I came up with to say about my problem is "Wode diannao bu renshi .... zheige." ("My computer doesn't know... this thing.", like it's 2 people who don't know each other) and plop the laptop & printer on the counter. After that, i will be lost and hope they don't ask to keep it overnight but really steal it all and pretend they don't know me the next day.

IS THERE ANYTHING else i can try before I bring it in?
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.