Author: tmphgt

Tech-talk ... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-5 11:11:20 |Display all floors

QUESTION

Why is it that some people see my new avatar & others don't? Our hints so far MAY include rebooting & such.... and in xiao's case, she can see the new one at work but not home, (or vice versa).... caringhk doesn't see it, tempax does, TMP does, I do, .......

Any clues would be interesting.
:)

Old avatar - water lily photo
current avatar - Lego girl on a bike
legobike2.jpg
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-5 11:36:56 |Display all floors
they cant see anything at all or they still see ur old avatar?

it could be that those ppl who cant see ur new avatar have had the old one still cached on their computers, if that's the case, try to clear temporary internet files, it should help.
- We don't dwell on the past, we remember it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-5 20:34:07 |Display all floors

Ok ...

Originally posted by divina at 4-5-2006 10:10 PM
I'm on a LAN and I want to know how I can avoid having the administrators mind my business... please don't talk to me about firewall nonesense.... ahahahaha I want something fullproof...

I started this thread then went to bed, then my firewall/router power supply blew up! Finally back online ....

This, as others have suggested, is because you are just a mere user on someone else's LAN ... The administrators have all the power and you will just have to suffer their rules
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-5 20:38:05 |Display all floors

I can see on both now

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-5 20:44:22 |Display all floors

Next ...

Originally posted by afri_simba at 4-5-2006 10:20 PM
We have our own domain and mail server in our H/Q, and our H/Q also provides webmail.  And I hate to use webmail, so I am using my mail client to read and write mails.  The problem for me is that:

Simba, can you explain the problem a bit more please …

I assume that you are using a local client on your PC and that you send via SMTP and retrieve via POP3? I assume that you connect to your HQ’s email server for both SMTP and POP3?

What happens when you try to email someone who is not in your local SMTP domain? Do you get an error code back from the email server?

Webmail to your HQ’s server only provides a window onto your mailbox but if webmail allows you to send to recipients outside your local SMTP domain then I suspect that something is not set correctly in your local client.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-5 20:48:19 |Display all floors

Hahahaha ....

Originally posted by xiao-meow at 4-5-2006 11:48 PM
Get the HTML code and upload the movie to the post and providing the support from my own computer.

You tell me or you to do or in a few weeks I will to do before you.

This is alot relevant fo ...

Please use full English now .... like grammar, sentences, etc

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-5 21:38:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by theconfused at 2006-5-5 11:36
they cant see anything at all or they still see ur old avatar?

it could be that those ppl who cant see ur new avatar have had the old one still cached on their computers, if that's the case, try ...

They still see the old one. For you BTW right now, I am seeing a blank outline with one of those little red X's in the corner, last night too. When did you change yours?
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.