Author: tmphgt

Tech-talk ... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-5 06:51:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by divina at 2006-5-5 06:10
I'm on a LAN and I want to know how I can avoid having the administrators mind my business... please don't talk to me about firewall nonesense.... ahahahaha I want something fullproof...

If you're part of a local area network, they can get to you pretty easily. Is it school or work?
"扶摇万重兮,
放我麒麟冲荡。
清清渭水兮,
舞我手中霓裳。 "

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-5 07:21:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by divina at 2006-5-4 17:10
I'm on a LAN and I want to know how I can avoid having the administrators mind my business... please don't talk to me about firewall nonesense.... ahahahaha I want something fullproof...

unfortunately no u cant, that's what administrators are for, isnt it? plus your account must have lots of restrictions, i doubt you will even have the permissions to mess around with the firewall settings.
- We don't dwell on the past, we remember it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-5 07:31:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by afri_simba at 2006-5-4 17:20
We have our own domain and mail server in our H/Q, and our H/Q also provides webmail.  And I hate to use webmail, so I am using my mail client to read and write mails.  The problem for me is that:

do ur colleagues have the same problem?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-5 07:48:06 |Display all floors

Tell me how to do:

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-5 07:51:09 |Display all floors

observer3

yeah, exactly... It's my dormitory... internet is free(for now)! I don't really have much to hide, and the good thing is that most of the things I write is in English so... but still...

I like my privacy!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-5 08:51:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by theconfused at 2006-5-5 02:31
do ur colleagues have the same problem?

Yes.  The webmail of our H/Q (which requries a web browser) works normal.  The only problem is when I am using a mail client, such as Outlook etc.

It might be set up by our IT engineers in the H/Q to avoid illegal relay of the mails.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-5 09:07:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by afri_simba at 2006-5-4 19:51

Yes.  The webmail of our H/Q (which requries a web browser) works normal.  The only problem is when I am using a mail client, such as Outlook etc.

It might be set up by our IT engineers in t ...

yea then it's ur IT engi's that have restricted the outgoing emails to other domains.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.