Author: jackheejun

please remember we are chinese [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2006-5-10 19:36:42 |Display all floors
Thank you but then I might be a breath of norther, either...
Personally I just can't do well if I know I have to learn something for test, I love therefore I learn..
Now the so-called English fever in China is a tool fever mostly...anyways the way Chinese students are taught is like volume-production of machines...so..machines have to go for tools.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2006-5-10 20:55:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by superkylin at 2006-5-10 19:36
Thank you  but then I might be a breath of norther, either...
Personally I just can't do well if I know I have to learn something for test, I love therefore I learn..
Now the so-called English fever in China is a tool fever mostly...anyways the way Chinese students are taught is like volume-production of machines...so..machines have to go for tools.  


How'd you do it, Kylin? I know few Chinese who've actually gone through the Chinese education system and come out able to see beyond pure materialism. Some, but few indeed. So I have to ask, what made you so different? Family education? I'm impressed.
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2006-5-10 20:57:17 |Display all floors
Oh and another thing, Kylin. I usually discourage most people I come acros from studying English unless I see they actually ENJOY it for it's own sake. You're one of the ones... the few... I'd encourage to continue studying English. It's good already.
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2006-5-10 21:57:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tianyuanedu at 2006-5-10 20:55
How'd you do it, Kylin? I know few Chinese who've actually gone through the Chinese education system and come out able to see beyond pure materialism. Some, but few indeed. So I have to ask, wh ...

Different...umm...may I take this as compliment?
Firstly...I like Lao zi, Zhuang zi, their sayings, and they're not into "materialism"...then...I'm a "bad" student and "a rebel person with random freedom and imagination in the mind"---that's how my teacher commented on me...family's quite liberal indeed..meanwhile traditional...
Chinese education system is a big trouble...but I'm sure there're students like me who could gone through fire and water, "take arms against a sea of troubles" and survive..  ...I'm bad I'm bad...really really bad

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2006-5-10 22:07:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tianyuanedu at 2006-5-10 20:57
Oh and another thing, Kylin. I usually discourage most people I come acros from studying English unless I see they actually ENJOY it for it's own sake. You're one of the ones... the few... I'd enco ...


Thank you for encouraging...once you know the way how English is taught in universities and schools, you won't feel surprised that so many students got tired of it... anyways I think I learned more about it while reading LOTR than having those classes.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2006-5-10 22:37:39 |Display all floors
study languages as tools to acquire knowledge to add to one's own.
use knowledge to build new things and expand business, trade and investments.
teach Chinese Language to others.

study, use and teach to create new alloy, strongest in the world.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2006-5-11 18:02:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by superkylin at 2006-5-10 21:57

Different...umm...may I take this as compliment?
Firstly...I like Lao zi, Zhuang zi, their sayings, and they're not into "materialism"...then...I'm a "bad" student and &qu ...


Hey, I suspected that somehow. That's why I asked. Definitely, Laozi, Zhuangzi, Kongzi are definitely must-reads for all Chinese! Or if not those, then certainly some equivalent.
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.