Author: happynomad

Does a man today can tolerate a superior wife? [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 4

Post time 2006-4-18 00:24:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by auchengyu at 2006-4-17 11:23


love is indeed what counts. but pls read:  I didnt say you should LEAVE her because she earns less.

Sorry to say but: " you are kinda 失败 when you earn less than your gf/wife actually& ...


I "失败"???? LOL ....maybe
that I can accept that is my own concept/opinion. I didn't post it to attack you or something....(if you feel like that)
I'm independent on a woman, I earn enough to buy a house car etc... my gf just earns 3800-3400=400 euro nett a month more than I...because she is a year older than me ( my parents can not accept it) and unilever pays their legal managers more than philips do.

my gf is not a nv qiang ren, she will stop when we have children after our marriage...in her opinion a good nice warm family is more important than her job
but she wants to get a part time job when the our children go school…. a woman will feel guilty when they go shopping and spend the month salary of her husband in one day… But in my opinion it doesn’t matter. This is one of the reasons that she will want a part time job. Furthermore it is very boring cleaning the house everyday.

anyway... I don't know whether you are a foreigner or not... but "positive"discrimination is normal in western countries, like the netherlands. They stimulate women/foreigner to have a good job. Companies who have women/foreigners for important functions get a lot of support.

cheers
一心一意,一生一世

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2006-4-18 05:23:06 |Display all floors
I'm only attracted to "tough women" ( 女强人). I'm educated, ambitious, and upward mobile. I'd like a partner who is at least my equal. I find timidity, immaturity, ignorance, and indecisiveness exceedingly distasteful. Besides physical attraction, I have to be able to respect my partner. I can only respect "tough women" ( 女强人).
"扶摇万重兮,
放我麒麟冲荡。
清清渭水兮,
舞我手中霓裳。 "

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2006-4-18 05:30:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by auchengyu at 2006-4-17 11:23


love is indeed what counts. but pls read:  I didnt say you should LEAVE her because she earns less.

Sorry to say but: " you are kinda 失败 when you earn less than your gf/wife actually& ...


"失败," really?

Would you call a man who came from humble origins but was able to make his way up the political ladder and became a member of the British parliment (House of Commons) a failure? Most men won't even be able to dream of such success; let alone achieve it.
Well, according to your definition of "failure," he definitely failed in life, since his wife happened to be none other than Maddam Thatcher, twice PM of Great Britain.
"扶摇万重兮,
放我麒麟冲荡。
清清渭水兮,
舞我手中霓裳。 "

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2006-4-18 10:04:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by hyperactive at 2006-4-18 00:24


I "失败"???? LOL ....maybe
that I can accept that is my own concept/opinion. I didn't post it to attack you or something....(if you feel like that)
I'm independent on a woman, I earn enough to buy a house car etc... my gf just earns 3800-3400=400 euro nett a month more than I...because she is a year older than me ( my parents can not accept it) and unilever pays their legal managers more than philips do.

my gf is not a nv qiang ren, she will stop when we have children after our marriage...in her opinion a good nice warm family is more important than her job
but she wants to get a part time job when the our children go school…. a woman will feel guilty when they go shopping and spend the month salary of her husband in one day… But in my opinion it doesn’t matter. This is one of the reasons that she will want a part time job. Furthermore it is very boring cleaning the house everyday.

anyway... I don't know whether you are a foreigner or not... but "positive"discrimination is normal in western countries, like the netherlands. They stimulate women/foreigner to have a good job. Companies who have women/foreigners for important functions get a lot of support.

cheers  



I also didnt post to attack you la, dont worry. It was just general speaking.
But there are different kinds of women. Not all women will feel 'guilty' using husband's money... even more; many even think its a MUST (not that I love that )
You and me are Chinese born in Holland. so we are both 'chinese foreigners actually'
And its quite interesting that you post your and your gf's salary here (something a Chines will never do actually).

but also forgot to mention; its different for every relationship. IF you and your gf accept it. Why not? Its different for everone.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2006-4-18 10:09:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by observer3 at 2006-4-18 05:30


"失败," really?

Would you call a man who came from humble origins but was able to make his way up the political ladder and became a member of the British parliment (House of Common ...



Did I said something about: humble origins but was able to make his way up the political ladder and became a member of the British parliment ?

Again; its a saying, hope you don't feel attacked 'personally' ~~
Its an idea about my meaning in short:
'husand RELYING on wife's income'
(well I know its also common that husbands are hous men and wife's are the workers~~....and this is FOR ME a kinda failure as a man)

wjhat about you guys? You rather want to be a house man or the main income?
(don't forget, if both parents are working hard  = unbalanced family/career development)

[ Last edited by auchengyu at 2006-4-18 10:10 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2006-4-18 10:22:37 |Display all floors
now my own opinion:

Im ambitious, and hard working. Im not traditional, but also not super modern.
I don't 'want' a gf/wife who is stander higher/earning (much) more than me. I don't know where to put a LINE, cause its just a feeling.
女强人, hard to describe how it is.
I don't want the thought or feeling that I RELY on my girl for income/rent/food etc.
So I think our difference is the different meaning of '女强人'. Don't know why, but when I hear or read that word, Im thinking of: product/general manager lady, working very hard who thinks career is very important (more than family or love maybe).

Ofcourse I don't hope my gf/wife is staying home WHOLE day (caring kids). This is not what I want she to do. Just something in between..---> have work, but no need to reach so high; Im here to work hard and trying to reach high. This will not only give me satisfaction in work but also as 'dad' or husband, caring for the main income.
and she can put her time and energy for the family (= kids + husband)

:)

[ Last edited by auchengyu at 2006-4-18 10:25 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2006-4-18 15:21:18 |Display all floors
Now it is a trendency that women r super than before and earn more money than men.
So why not men cannt accept this phenomena?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.